cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to disable main menu click.

SOLVED

Unable to disable main menu click.

Shouldn't we be able to administrate the main menu's clickable (link) ability. When I am creating CMS pages for instructions for using the website, and am using static blocks, many times I do not want the main menu to be clickable but its sub-menus. Also, I don't want the mobile menu to produce an "ALL <main-menu-item>" entry on the menu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to disable main menu click.

Hi @james_todd1 

Yes, by default we can not disable that link - off course we can able to decide whether we want to include it into the menu or not - but there is no setting to disable only link.

For that you will require to do customization on the top of the native functionality.

Also there are few mega menu kind of extensions is available which does give this kind of functionality.

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @james_todd1 

Yes, by default we can not disable that link - off course we can able to decide whether we want to include it into the menu or not - but there is no setting to disable only link.

For that you will require to do customization on the top of the native functionality.

Also there are few mega menu kind of extensions is available which does give this kind of functionality.

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Thanks for your reply. That was helpful. I decided as a work-around that I would have the main menu item access a static block that would contain explanation and links to the necessary submenus, along with directions for using the drop-down selections to access those same submenus.
Jim...