cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to Magento 2.3 killed my website

Update to Magento 2.3 killed my website

I updated my site to Magento 2.3 and now my site just won't load. I cannot access the frontend or the admin sections.

Sometimes I just get the "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" error in chrome and other times the page will load as if none of the CSS is being applied.

I've scoured the internet for all types of fixes to do with folder permissions, checking database entries are correct - but I cannot seem to figure this out...

Could someone please help because I need to launch the site for my business asap.

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Update to Magento 2.3 killed my website

@kushal_sanghrajka please add the below code in your index.php on root and then check the errors.

ini_set('display_errors',1);
ini_set('max_execution_time',0);

Thanks

@rahul Gupta Thanks for your prompt response.

I have added the those lines to index.php and I've enabled developer mode via Terminal.

However, I cannot see any errors as currently my site is still giving my the "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" error.

Having looked at the current error_log in the root folder, this is what is displayed:

[29-Nov-2018 14:20:21 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2479096 bytes) in /home/tacconline/public_html/vendor/magento/module-translation/Model/Js/DataProvider.php on line 137
[26-Nov-2019 08:32:29 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 69632 bytes) in /home/tacconline/public_html/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Module/Di/Code/Reader/FileClassScanner.php on line 81
[27-Nov-2019 13:01:23 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 266240 bytes) in /home/tacconline/public_html/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Tree/Ruleset.php on line 250
[27-Nov-2019 13:58:39 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 266240 bytes) in /home/tacconline/public_html/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Tree/Ruleset.php on line 250
[28-Nov-2019 12:13:10 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 135168 bytes) in /home/tacconline/public_html/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Module/Di/Code/Reader/FileClassScanner.php on line 81
[28-Nov-2019 12:14:59 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of Temando\Shipping\Model\ResourceModel\CollectionPoint\QuoteCollectionPointRepository::save(Temando\Shipping\Api\Data\CollectionPoint\QuoteCollectionPointInterface $collectionPoint) must be compatible with Temando\Shipping\Model\ResourceModel\Repository\QuoteCollectionPointRepositoryInterface::save(Temando\Shipping\Api\Data\Delivery\QuoteCollectionPointInterface $collectionPoint) in /home/tacconline/public_html/vendor/temando/module-shipping-m2/Model/ResourceModel/CollectionPoint/QuoteCollectionPointRepository.php on line 30
[02-Dec-2019 10:47:34 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/tacconline/public_html/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php on line 1896
[02-Dec-2019 10:54:48 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 135168 bytes) in /home/tacconline/public_html/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Module/Di/Code/Reader/FileClassScanner.php on line 81
[02-Dec-2019 10:58:26 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of Temando\Shipping\Model\ResourceModel\CollectionPoint\QuoteCollectionPointRepository::save(Temando\Shipping\Api\Data\CollectionPoint\QuoteCollectionPointInterface $collectionPoint) must be compatible with Temando\Shipping\Model\ResourceModel\Repository\QuoteCollectionPointRepositoryInterface::save(Temando\Shipping\Api\Data\Delivery\QuoteCollectionPointInterface $collectionPoint) in /home/tacconline/public_html/vendor/temando/module-shipping-m2/Model/ResourceModel/CollectionPoint/QuoteCollectionPointRepository.php on line 30

@kushal_sanghrajka please add this code also.

ini_set('memory_limit',-1);

@rahul Gupta Thanks for this. I have applied the following code, but when I load the page no errors etc show up on the webpage or the error_log.

This is what I am seeing in the Chrome Console:

tacc_errors.PNG

@kushal_sanghrajka not able to see the image as it will be shown once approved by the moderator.

In the mean time you can check with your hosting server providers and increase your memory limit of the server.

Thanks

I have also added 

error_reporting(E_ALL);

line to index.php

Let's see if this makes any difference

@kushal_sanghrajka it didn't help you.

As your memory limit is exhausted so it is taking large time to load.

This code is for showing errors but there is no error in it.

So just increase the memory limit.

Thanks

@rahul Gupta I've increased the memory limit in all the .htaccess and php.ini files within the server root, the magento root and the pub folders - but still not having any luck

I also updated it in the user.ini files in the same locations