cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Apple Pay as payment option in Magento 2 with Braintree?

Using Apple Pay as payment option in Magento 2 with Braintree?

Hi,

Does Magento 2's Braintree integration support Apple Pay by default?

Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Using Apple Pay as payment option in Magento 2 with Braintree?

Hi @lisali,

Since Braintree is a full-stack payment platform that supports Apple Pay, my understanding is that it allows your customers to checkout using Apple Pay.

However, since I didn't configure Braintree for Apple Pay, I am 100% sure about that.
My suggestion is to setup Braintree using sandbox credentials and double-check that Apple Pay works as expected.

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

Hi, Gabriel.

Thanks for your message. I have tried enabling Apple Pay but it does not seem to work. The button is not showing up.

Braintree says: "As far as what you may have to do on the Magento 2 side of things, you'll need to reach out to them directly. From my understanding, you'll still need to enable Apple Pay within your Braintree gateway, but Magento may have a process on their end that looks similar, different, or completely circumvents the need to enable Apple Pay within your Braintree Control Panel. It may work out of the box, but it may not. If I'm going to speculate at all, I'd say that no additional coding should be required on your end, as I believe Magento takes care of this for you, but you'll need to get that confirmation from them."

Grr! What should I do now?

Thanks!

Verify that you have the apple-developer-merchantid-domain-association file hosted at:

yourdomain.com/.well-known/...

You can't process apple pay without it. This is something that Braintree should have in their documentation if they support apple pay. 

FWIW, Stripe payments handle this flawlessly (not a paid plug).

Hi!

Thanks for your response.

Yes, we have that merchant file at that location - but Apple Pay is still not showing. Braintree says to contact Magento. Magento says to contact Braintree. Confused! Smiley Happy

Braintree say:

From our logs, your production account is using v2.25.0 of our JavaScript SDK, which is not compatible with Apple Pay for the web.  As noted here in our documentation, Apple Pay for web requires v3.4.0 or higher.

What now?

did you find a solution to this?

No - still looking!

Just update your store, you have old version. Magento 2.1.6 use old JS library 2.25. Try to update to latest 2.1.8.

Or to 2.0.15 if you are using 2.0.x version.

There

vendor\magento\module-braintree\view\frontend\requirejs-config.js

you can see which JS library is used in your version

Hello

You can use Gene module

https://marketplace.magento.com/gene-module-braintree.html

Gene has developed the official Braintree module for Magento 1 in the past, so I assume it's the best solution until the feature is available natively in Magento.
Send the query to Magento to they develop the feature :-)

Best

Vivien