cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Apple Pay as payment option in Magento 2 with Braintree?

Re: Using Apple Pay as payment option in Magento 2 with Braintree?

@vivien_ruivacowrote:

Hello

You can use Gene module

https://marketplace.magento.com/gene-module-braintree.html

Gene has developed the official Braintree module for Magento 1 in the past, so I assume it's the best solution until the feature is available natively in Magento.
Send the query to Magento to they develop the feature :-)

Best

Vivien

I'm currently working on implementing Apple Pay into Magento 2 using the Gene software module, but after a quick setup it doesn't appear to be showing a apple pay button in the cart as I was hoping.

This might be a configuration issue, not sure about that yet. Hoping that is something I need to figure out, otherwise I might be looking at another module, but they say it's suppose to support it. Will update when I get a response back from Gene Software.

Anyone else having issues setting this up and/or getting support?

Have been trying to install the module in Magento 2.0 and it appears the Apple Pay button is there when you hit it on Apple Devices it fails with a default notice from the module.

Not having access to an Apple Computer means I don't have a way to debug my iOS devices. Does anyone know of a guide to configuring the apple and brain tree settings or know if the sandbox has issues? Have not tried production mode yet.

Hi,

Any update on this? Has this been solved already? we just started using the module from gene commerce on our site and It seems that the Apple Pay button won't even show on apple devices. Can anyone help me out here on how to? We've followed all the steps on the documentation and still nothing.

Thanks in advance for the help

yes, it is good for utilizing the apple pay payfort Magento 2 extension due to the convenience of your using.

We have Magento V2.3.4 and the Braintree module that is built in, doesn't support Apple Pay out of the box.  There are NO options in M2 admin under the Braintree section to enable Apple Pay.

We too have done all teh Apple side of things, with teh file etc.  But no Apple Pay button on any devices.

I'm failry sure this is due to a developer is needed to apply the Braintree SDK/files etc, it's not just flipping a switch, which it really should be these days tbh.

They've made it really complicated.

1. You need to use THIS payment module, not the built in one:

https://marketplace.magento.com/paypal-module-braintree.html

(be warned - the reviews are NOT good and it's incompatible with 3rd party checkout modules)

2. You need to enable Apple Pay under your Processing settings in Braintree.

That (might) work. I agree that adding a payment option in 2020 should not be this hard.

Yes, Magento 2's Braintree integration does support Apple Pay by default. Braintree, a PayPal company, is a payment gateway that is fully integrated with Magento 2 and includes support for Apple Pay.

To enable Apple Pay with Braintree on your Magento 2 store, you will need to follow these steps:

- Install and configure the Braintree payment method on your Magento 2 store.
- Enable the Apple Pay payment option in the Braintree configuration settings within Magento 2.
- Configure the Apple Pay settings within the Braintree control panel, including the merchant ID, domain verification, and other required information.
- Test the Apple Pay integration to ensure that it is functioning properly.

Once you have completed these steps, customers will be able to use Apple Pay to make payments on your Magento 2 store through the Braintree payment gateway. It's important to note that some additional configuration or customization may be required depending on your specific store and requirements. If you are not familiar with the setup process, you may want to consider consulting with a Magento developer or Braintree support for assistance.

Hope this help!

Lucy from Magenest | eCommerce Development Agency
Visit us: https://magenest.com/