cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are recommended Re-index settings?

SOLVED

What are recommended Re-index settings?

What are the recommended re-index settings? We run a store that has around 8,000 SKUs and is connected to a Warehouse Management System which processes our Amazon orders as well.

Currently we have everything set up for Update on Schedule, however I read over on the Sonassi blog: https://www.sonassi.com/help/magento-management/index-management That it might be good to have the Product Stock and Product Prices set to Update on Save instead.

We are currently running on a Digital Ocean Premium Droplet on Cloudways with 16 GB RAM and 8 Core processor with 300 Users visiting us each day and 12 orders per day at this stage. We look forward to ramping it up with ads in the next year.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: What are recommended Re-index settings?

Hello @kshitij_shah 

Yes, please check the problem is solved with the indexing.

If my answer is helpful full then please set the accept solution flag and kudos flag so other members can take the same reference.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hello @kshitij_shah 

Please set the indexing with schedule updates. If you have any issue with your current configuration then ask me. 

If my answer is helpful full then please set the accept solution flag and kudos flag so other members can take the same reference.

Thanks for the reply! 

The main reason I was asking was because in the screenshot below I would often see some values in backlog and I'm afraid what if the someone buys an item from Amazon and the warehouse management system is trying to update magento but the stock isn't updated and then we sell something where we don't have stock.
Right now luckily everything in backlog is 0
Magento Index Settings.png

Hello @kshitij_shah 

Is the stock is perfectly updated in the "warehouse management system"?

One request is to please add an image as a link instead of the direct image. so I can see the image as soon as.

Hi Sorry for that,

Screenshot here: https://paste.pics/3c217246f1ef86f1695589ec4a0d8156

Yes the Warehouse Management System syncs our inventory everywhere and is the master that we work from.

Hello @kshitij_shah 

I hope you have set the cron for the proper update of the Magento system.

Can you please let me know how you connect the "warehouse management system" and "Magento" for the inventory sync?

I'm hoping my agency has, I'm not a developer just the owner of the store.

Our warehouse management system is https://unicommerce.com/

They have an integration that pings the Magento API to update the stock and retrieve orders

Hello @kshitij_shah 

Please inform your team to check the API for the inventory integration, I am sure the problem is there.

Thanks! Will do that immediately. But other than that I should leave them
on simply Reindex on schedule right?

Hello @kshitij_shah 

Yes, please check the problem is solved with the indexing.