cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Screen no errors

White Screen no errors

I'm trying to make an extremely basic module, but whenever i try and install it, /magento just yields a white screen.  no errors, nothing in an error log, just absolutely nothing.  How can I force an error out of Magento?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: White Screen no errors

How to diagnose Magento 2 errors: https://mage2.pro/t/307

Re: White Screen no errors

I've experienced this too, just now again actually. The problem lies (at least in my case) in the permissions and file ownership on the server. I had a blank screen, no errors on screen, none in the console, none in the var/ logs. I tried to get errors out of the system by adding the error_reporting(E_ALL); and ini_set('display_errors', 1); to the index.php - no results whatsoever.

But I found tons of errors like this in the serverlogs:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Magento\\Framework\\Exception\\LocalizedException: Can't create directory 

Because I've been badgered by "Can't create directory" and other permission-related error in Magento2, I've asked my hoster to make a bash-script to check and fix all permissions for a Magento installation via ssh. So whenever I get a blank screen, I run the script to fix the permissions and everything's okay again.

TL;DR: pretty sure you have to fix the permissions/ownership of files