cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account temporarily disabled

account temporarily disabled

You did not sign in correctly or your account is temporarily disabled.

I'm getting this message and yes, I have looked through the forums. But I have no idea how to use CMD command, so everything I read is too complicated. I have been using the admin panel no problems, then suddenly today getting this message and I can't find a simple solution or a easy to follow solution having looked for hours now. 

So my last resort is to post to see if someone can help me.

Using magento 2.3

7 REPLIES 7

Re: account temporarily disabled

Hello,
May be either pwd and username is wrong or may be your account is locked.

Try to create new adnin uset using ssh

Go to your project dir into cmd and run below command

php bin/magento admin:user:create --admin-user='new-admin' --admin-password='!admin123!' --admin-email='info@domain.com' --admin-firstname='Jon'

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

"Go to your project dir into cmd and run below command"

Sorry, I don't know how to do this. Don't know where to find the directory or use CMD command. I can learn but unfortunately might need walked through it!

Hello @angryduckshop 

if you don't know how ssh works then do click on reset password and check it

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

are you running your website on a VPS or hosting?

If you are using VPS then they will provide you with Ssh details in their email.

You can use ssh there

Have tried that, the email doesnt come through.

Regarding CMD. I'm able to login to my server no problem, but after that I don't know how to direct to my website directory or run that command?#

if I copy paste the php command with my details added, it says php is an unkown command so obviously I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what.

Using a VPS.

Hi @angryduckshop,

May be below link help you to get document root path for your magento installation.

https://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/getting-started-guides/where-to-upload-files

Then you can run magento commands...

To get all magento commands:
php bin/magento

If there are multiple php installed on your server, then you may need to provide php path. eg:
/usr/bin/php7.2 bin/magento

I think it may help you!!

Maybe I'm being stupid, but I'll try explain.

I go onto CMD. I log into my server. From that point I dont know how to get to the point where this line...

php bin/magento admin:user:unlock "exampleuser"

actually works.

So, I must have to in some way make the cmd know I'm wanting to do this for my website. I use coreftp to put files onto my webpage, I am running only 1 php.

All that comes up is, invalid command. I know index.php is the root folder, but I just have no idea how to use cmd to get me to it.