cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

all store views vs default store view

all store views vs default store view

when I edit a product in all store views, the changes are not reflected in the front end, sometimes not even in the back end, but they do when I edit the product default store view

how do I make the all store views info appear on the front end?

1 REPLY 1

Re: all store views vs default store view

The same thing happened to us with our store. We had been running our store in "all store view" for YEARS. And then suddenly, just a couple of months ago, after applying the latest set of security updates.. We could no longer get any changes we made to the content found in "all store view" on our product pages to show up in the front end of the site. 

I found that if I switched the product page over to "default store view", and turned OFF the "Use default" check box; I could make changes to existing content or add new content.

Only changes that are made in "default store view" will show up on the front end of the site.  AND, be AWARE. That any changes you make in "default store view" do NOT happen to the same content found in "all store view".  Thereby, effectively separating the two views into two unique product pages.. an "old" one that no longer seems to have any effect on the front end any more.. and the "new" view with all of the updated information.

It's a HUGE pain in the butt. Because now every one of my over 900 product pages that were originally created in "all store view" will now have to have a duplicate.. separate version of itself in the "all store view" if I want to make any changes to the content. 

Seems like a ridiculously redundant waste of memory and data space to me. But hey.. at least it works.