cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make mobile view same with desktop view on magento 2.2.1 luma theme

SOLVED

make mobile view same with desktop view on magento 2.2.1 luma theme

I want to make mobile view   same with desktop view on magento 2.2.1 luma theme for any screen size phone,I had checked the magento devdocs,
find follows describle:

In the Blank and Luma themes, the mobile first approach is used. It means that the styles for
mobile devices (screen width less than 768px) are extended by the styles for the higher breakpoints.As the result, the extra styles are never loaded when a store is viewed on a mobile device.In the Blank theme, the mobile and desktop styles are defined in separate files:

styles-l.less is used to generate desktop-specific styles (768px and higher).
styles-m.less is used to generate basic and mobile-specific styles.

so I  changed the styles-m.less code instead of styles-l.less, but no work when I open website in my phone,
I don't know how to resolve this problem,please help,thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: make mobile view same with desktop view on magento 2.2.1 luma theme

Hi @qqcom30016

okay - i understand the actual problem which you are trying to share over here !!

But as you said - magento Blank and Luma both the are responsive - so on mobile and all the devices it is mobile friendly and resize the theme based on the screen size.

And in a modern era its standard approach to keep our site responsive and mobile friendly because most of the users are now days accessing website from mobile itself. magento have build of for the same thought process.

Coming back to actual point - if you still wanted to change theme to same like desktop theme -  then you need to use older version approach over here - you need to create a new mobile site or if you wanted to do it with existing site - then you need to Structure level changes in magento 

As magento is using bootstrap responsive framework for mobile devices so you wanted to eliminate it and need to use desktop css js on mobile as well.

On that way you can change this thing !

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

First clear cache command,
Clear browser cavhe and cookie from mobile.

Or
Check site page in New Incognito tab to see your changes.

Might be you have issue related to cache.
If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

thank you very much,I had flush magento cache,and use a anther cell phone to open website, mobile view is not the same desktop.

Hi @qqcom30016

okay - i understand the actual problem which you are trying to share over here !!

But as you said - magento Blank and Luma both the are responsive - so on mobile and all the devices it is mobile friendly and resize the theme based on the screen size.

And in a modern era its standard approach to keep our site responsive and mobile friendly because most of the users are now days accessing website from mobile itself. magento have build of for the same thought process.

Coming back to actual point - if you still wanted to change theme to same like desktop theme -  then you need to use older version approach over here - you need to create a new mobile site or if you wanted to do it with existing site - then you need to Structure level changes in magento 

As magento is using bootstrap responsive framework for mobile devices so you wanted to eliminate it and need to use desktop css js on mobile as well.

On that way you can change this thing !

Hope it helps !

Thank you very much, I think you are right, hear that is complicate things to do,I thought it is easy thing to do before, I couldn't to finish base on my ability,now I just accept the standard approach only, thanks again!

Glad to know that you get exact idea on this !! Happy to help and keep helping Smiley Happy