cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

move magento 2.2 to new server

move magento 2.2 to new server

I hope I can get some help with this issue.

I move Magento to a production server. I moved all the files to new server change the permission change the url checked in the database it was changed. I cleared the cache

did upgrade, compile, deploy and reindex and its still redirecting to the old server. Is there anything else missing. Hopefully, soon I can do the whole integration so I don't have this issues again.  Please let me know what else I'm missing.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: move magento 2.2 to new server

Hi @bigd46,

When you get the redirection?

I mean, when you click on some link or the first load is redirected?

when I first try to go to it, it redirects 

First run command from your magento instance root path,

rm -rf var/
rm -rf generated/code
rm -rf generated/metadata

Kindly Run below query from your database table core_config_data,

SELECT * FROM `core_config_data` WHERE `path` LIKE '%base_url%'

Check any entry have old URL or not if old URL replace with new URL and Clear Cache and Check it.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

guess you didn't read. All that's been done. Still redirects 

Hi @bigd46

Well looking at the thread - i know you have done all the possibilities still here adding two points can you please confirm on that ?

1) Have you changed secure and base_secure both the url from core_config_data table ? if anything missing there , then chance should be a redirect 

2) could you please confirm that you have change database details ? in env.php file ?

P.S - this is just suggestion , you might have done this still confirm !  

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Yes, I have look at it a lot. I have done it a few time just make sure and checked the database.

Hi @bigd46,

Maybe you can share some data by Private message?

I guess I would check some of these things:

1. Right DNS configuration if the domain is the same.
  2. .htaccess if you are using Apache.
  3. core_config_data also (taking care of store level configuration)

As I said, I would start from there. If you are right about the steps you've followed it seems isn't Magento where the redirect is happening.

Yes, it is something within Magento that making a redirect to the Development server. Here is what I did is copied Phpmyadmin into the same directory as Magento is on the production server and it does not redirect. I copied Phpmyadmin from the development server to the production and it doesn't do it. The other thing I did was I went into Magento and changed to it to the production URL and then copied and database and still redirects.  I just had a thought what about Redis. I am running that on the development server.

I believe this is problem is cost by the multiple store view, I got the same issue while I trying to moving to my production domain. Try this

SELECT * FROM `core_config_data` WHERE `scope_id` = 1 

you should be able to see there are few more url under the value, and make sure they are point to the correct domain.

thank you

ken