cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Invalid Form Key. Please refresh the page." issue

"Invalid Form Key. Please refresh the page." issue

Randomly I cannot login to frontend Magento default installation with the test account "roni_cost@example.com".

Then I get the error message : "Invalid Form Key. Please refresh the page."

I tried the suggested solutions of :

- Increasing the PHP max_input_vars to 100000

- Delete from the database table "core_config_data" the line with "path" = "web/cookie/cookie_domain"

- Clear the cache

But I still have this issue not being able to login, but if I try to login on another computer it is working!

Then this seem to be related to my own cookies or session.

I tried to delete all my cookies on my Firefox navigator and it is the same error again when trying to login.

Can someone help me pinpoint the problem?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: "Invalid Form Key. Please refresh the page." issue

I have noticed that if I open the login page in a "Private Navigation Window" in Firefox, it is login properly!

So the issue must be with cookies or session!

Hi @rejeanrege0421 

Please check below solutions  for this issue as this is a general issue.

Invalid-form-key-Magento-2 

magento-2-invalid-form-key 

Hope this helps.

Problem Solved? Click kudos & accept it as solution. 

Thank you shubham_khandelwal1 for trying to help!

I already have tried the solution here "Invalid-form-key-Magento-2".

I have checked and found 22 "Session.php" files in my Magento directories, but none had a path like "app/code/local/Mage/Core/Model/"...

Regarding the solution here "magento-2-invalid-form-key", it is more related to the creation of a product with multiple attributes. The solution is no help for me.

The odd thing about this situation is that even if I delete my 123 cookies, my 7 session vars and my 10 local vars in Firefox, I still get the same error message. But if I open a "Private Window" in Firefox, I am able to login!

Another thing is that I can login the next morning when I restart my PC. So this situation seem related with cookie or session and is more from the Magento 2.3.4 side than the Firefox side.

Thank you for your suggestions, I really hope to find a solution to this issue before putting my Magento application in Production mode.

Rej

If it could help to troubleshoot my problem, I discovered that I had 2 "form_key" cookies in Firefox, here is the list of 4 of these cookies with different domain and path :

form_key :"sSnNCudTbotDvMEP"
Domain :".entrer.ca"
Path :"/magento2"

form_key :"sSnNCudTbotDvMEP"
Domain :"entrer.ca"
Path :"/"

PHPSESSID :"k2245epi8den4ak9ec100j48n2"
Domain :".entrer.ca"
Path :"/magento2"

store :"french"

Domain :"entrer.ca"
Path :"/magento2/"

Hello,

I have the same issue as the one you have.

I'm curious if you have found a solution to it yet?

Thanks in advance 

Are you running on localhost or live server?
If you are running on localhost, maybe Base URL on Localhost not regconize by Magento 2 system

If you are facing this issue on Localhost, probably your site are using localhost as base URL instead of 127.0.0.1

This may make fault in Magento 2 cookie system, which causes Invalid Form Key. Please refresh the page error.

php bin/magento setup:store-config:set --base-url="http://127.0.0.1:8080/"
If you are running Magento 2 on live server, edit the following values in php.ini
max_input_time : 3600
max_input_vars : 100000
memory_limit : 2G
Hope this helps

I have a weird situation again that I have encountered on Magento. A few hours ago, I successfully logged in to admin dashboard. After I logged out and restart my pc and tried to log in again. I got an error

FirstCallOnline