cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setup:static-content:deploy only creates minified js files

setup:static-content:deploy only creates minified js files

Hello community,

I'm running into a problem after i played around with the minfy js files option in the admin panel. I enabled the minify js option in the backend, this however started to cause problems (404 file not found). So i decided to turn this option back off in the database.

However, when i try to re-deploy my static content with the command line tool (php magento setup:static-content:deploy), it only created minfied js files. I don't know where i can change this behaviour. Is there any way i can tell the setup:static-content:deploy command to deploy the normal js files instead of the minified files?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Re: setup:static-content:deploy only creates minified js files

Hello Kyle51north

I have gone through the same problem. I have done same as you delete pub/static content but after re-deploying I didn't get the solutions. Again I installed fresh Magento. After some time again I face this issue but this time, I used the best approach. Hope this will work for you :

Use the following command from your magento root directory

1. sudo rm -rf var/di/* var/generation/* var/cache/* var/page_cache/* var/view_preprocessed/* var/composer_home/cache/*

2. sudo chmod 777 var -R

3. sudo chmod 777 pub -R

4. sudo php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy

5. Repeat step 2 & 3.