cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.0.2 System Upgrade says successful backup has failed

SOLVED

2.0.2 System Upgrade says successful backup has failed

I have so far had the backup process in Magento 2.0.2, as a step of System Upgrade, deemed to have failed on two different configurations.

First was on Ubuntu 14.04, Apache 2, PHP 5.5 FPM and Magento 2.0.2 with sample data.  Since then, I've upgraded to PHP 7.0.3, wiped the Magento database and installation and started a fresh install from zip of Magento 2.0.2, no sample data. 

When it supposedly fails, the system fails to provide any hint as to what has gone wrong: 

Missing Server Error

A look at backups folder suggests things have gone successfully:

var/backups from Feb 5 (PHP5) with sample data:

total 239M

-rw-rw-rw- 1 www-data www-data 13M Feb 5 15:46 1454701478_db.gz
-rw-rw---- 1 www-data www-data 123M Feb 5 15:46 1454701478_filesystem_code.tgz
-rw-rw---- 1 www-data www-data 104M Feb 5 15:46 1454701478_filesystem_media.tgz

var/backups today with PHP7, no sample data:

total 42M
-rw-rw-rw- 1 www-data www-data 502K Feb 11 10:31 1455201036_db.gz
-rw-rw---- 1 www-data www-data 42M Feb 11 10:31 1455201036_filesystem_code.tgz
-rw-rw---- 1 www-data www-data 60K Feb 11 10:31 1455201036_filesystem_media.tgz

Looking at var/log/install.log (it's a mess, as it's formatted HTML):

Code backup is starting...

Code backup filename: 1455201036_filesystem_code.tgz (The archive can be uncompressed with 7-Zip on Windows systems)

Code backup path: /srv/www/magento2/var/backups/1455201036_filesystem_code.tgz

[SUCCESS] Code backup completed successfully.

Media backup is starting...

Media backup filename: 1455201036_filesystem_media.tgz (The archive can be uncompressed with 7-Zip on Windows systems)

Media backup path: /srv/www/magento2/var/backups/1455201036_filesystem_media.tgz

[SUCCESS] Media backup completed successfully.

DB backup is starting...

DB backup filename: 1455201036_db.gz (The archive can be uncompressed with 7-Zip on Windows systems)

DB backup path: /srv/www/magento2/var/backups/1455201036_db.gz

[SUCCESS] DB backup completed successfully.

So the backup has gone successfully, but the system upgrade stops, as it believes the backup has failed. 

...Donovan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2.0.2 System Upgrade says successful backup has failed

That is an interesting possibility; I'd increased it in the past for php5 but not the new php7.

phpinfo() says max_execution_time is 30 seconds, which is way too low, obviously.  I increased it to 1800 for an hour's worth (overkill) with max_execution_time = 1800.

And success!  The backup completes successfully, or perhaps more accurately, before the webpage/PHP script times out. Smiley Happy

I had watched the logfile in another window at the same time with: tail -f /srv/www/magento2/var/log/install.log - so I could see it as it did the individual backups.

I had previously posted on GIthub on another bug where it is believed that the system shouldn't even let you progress through the upgrade if you are already on the current version; I'll have to update them there.  # 3216

Thanks Stuart!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

How long does it run before it fails? You could be hitting some sort of php script execution timeout limit if you have not configured it beyond the defaults in /etc/php.ini and php-fpm...

--
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

That is an interesting possibility; I'd increased it in the past for php5 but not the new php7.

phpinfo() says max_execution_time is 30 seconds, which is way too low, obviously.  I increased it to 1800 for an hour's worth (overkill) with max_execution_time = 1800.

And success!  The backup completes successfully, or perhaps more accurately, before the webpage/PHP script times out. Smiley Happy

I had watched the logfile in another window at the same time with: tail -f /srv/www/magento2/var/log/install.log - so I could see it as it did the individual backups.

I had previously posted on GIthub on another bug where it is believed that the system shouldn't even let you progress through the upgrade if you are already on the current version; I'll have to update them there.  # 3216

Thanks Stuart!

hi, how to install extension in magento 2.0.2