cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't upgrade to Magento 2.4.3 - Composer complains about allure/phpunit and ramsey/uuid

SOLVED

Can't upgrade to Magento 2.4.3 - Composer complains about allure/phpunit and ramsey/uuid

Hello,

I'm getting some error messages from composer, when I try to upgrade from Magento 2.4.2 to Magento 2.4.3, and these are:

- Root composer.json requires magento/product-community-edition 2.4.3 -> satisfiable by magento/product-community-edition[2.4.3].
- allure-framework/allure-codeception[1.4.3, ..., 1.4.4] require allure-framework/allure-php-api ~1.1.8 -> satisfiable by allure-framework/allure-php-api[1.1.8].
- allure-framework/allure-codeception 1.4.2 requires allure-framework/allure-php-api ~1.1.7 -> satisfiable by allure-framework/allure-php-api[1.1.7, 1.1.8].
- allure-framework/allure-php-api[1.1.6, ..., 1.1.8] require ramsey/uuid ^3.0 -> satisfiable by ramsey/uuid[3.0.0, ..., 3.9.4].
- allure-framework/allure-php-api 1.1.5 requires ramsey/uuid ^3.0.0 -> satisfiable by ramsey/uuid[3.0.0, ..., 3.9.4].
- Only one of these can be installed: rhumsaa/uuid[2.7.0, ..., 2.8.2], ramsey/uuid[3.0.0, ..., 3.9.4, 4.0.0, ..., 4.2.1]. ramsey/uuid replaces rhumsaa/uuid and thus cannot coexist with it.
- magento/product-community-edition 2.4.3 requires ramsey/uuid ~4.1.0 -> satisfiable by ramsey/uuid[4.1.0, 4.1.1].
- Conclusion: don't install ramsey/uuid[4.1.1] | install one of magento/magento2-functional-testing-framework[3.6.0, 3.6.1] (conflict analysis result)
- Conclusion: don't install magento/magento2-functional-testing-framework 3.6.0 (conflict analysis result)
- Conclusion: don't install magento/magento2-functional-testing-framework 3.6.1 (conflict analysis result)
- Root composer.json requires magento/magento2-functional-testing-framework ^3.0 -> satisfiable by magento/magento2-functional-testing-framework[3.0.0, ..., 3.6.1].
- Root composer.json requires allure-framework/allure-phpunit ~1.2.0 -> satisfiable by allure-framework/allure-phpunit[1.2.0, ..., 1.2.4].
- You can only install one version of a package, so only one of these can be installed: allure-framework/allure-php-api[1.1.0, ..., 1.3.1].
- allure-framework/allure-codeception 1.4.5 requires allure-framework/allure-php-api ~1.2.1 -> satisfiable by allure-framework/allure-php-api[1.2.1].
- Conclusion: install one of magento/magento2-functional-testing-framework[3.6.0, 3.6.1], allure-framework/allure-codeception[1.4.2, 1.4.3, 1.4.4, 1.4.5] (conflict analysis result)
- Conclusion: don't install allure-framework/allure-php-api[1.2.1] | install one of allure-framework/allure-php-api[1.1.0, ..., 1.1.8] (conflict analysis result)

To my knowledge, I haven't changed anything.
Last upgrade went fine (from 2.4.2 to 2.4.2-p1).
This is my 
composer.json file content:

"require": {
    "fooman/pdfcustomiser-m2": "^8.0",
    "magento/composer-root-update-plugin": "~1.0",
    "magento/product-community-edition": "2.4.3"
},
"require-dev": {
    "allure-framework/allure-phpunit": "~1.2.0",
    "dealerdirect/phpcodesniffer-composer-installer": "^0.7.0",
    "friendsofphp/php-cs-fixer": "~2.16.0",
    "lusitanian/oauth": "~0.8.10",
    "magento/magento-coding-standard": "*",
    "magento/magento2-functional-testing-framework": "^3.0",
    "pdepend/pdepend": "~2.7.1",
    "phpcompatibility/php-compatibility": "^9.3",
    "phpmd/phpmd": "^2.8.0",
    "phpstan/phpstan": ">=0.12.3 <=0.12.23",
    "phpunit/phpunit": "^9",
    "sebastian/phpcpd": "~5.0.0",
    "squizlabs/php_codesniffer": "~3.5.4"
},

I have no idea how to continue.
Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't upgrade to Magento 2.4.3 - Composer complains about allure/phpunit and ramsey/uuid

It looks like the magento/composer-root-update-plugin may not be kicking in to do it's job. I suggest manually comparing the entries here to your composer.json require-dev section.

If you are not actively using some of those tools you may also decide to remove the them. For example by deleting

prior to running the composer update command.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can't upgrade to Magento 2.4.3 - Composer complains about allure/phpunit and ramsey/uuid

It looks like the magento/composer-root-update-plugin may not be kicking in to do it's job. I suggest manually comparing the entries here to your composer.json require-dev section.

If you are not actively using some of those tools you may also decide to remove the them. For example by deleting

prior to running the composer update command.

Worked like a charm, thank you very much Fooman Robot Happy

Thank you Fooman!

Appreciate your help. It worked perfectly!

I had been with this problem without being able to fix it for a long time.

Thank you so much!

find and replace "require-dev" content 

"require-dev": {
        "allure-framework/allure-phpunit": "~1.2.0",
        "dealerdirect/phpcodesniffer-composer-installer": "^0.5.0",
        "friendsofphp/php-cs-fixer": "~2.16.0",
        "lusitanian/oauth": "~0.8.10",
        "magento/magento-coding-standard": "~3.0.0",
        "pdepend/pdepend": "~2.7.1",
        "phpcompatibility/php-compatibility": "^9.3",
        "phpmd/phpmd": "^2.8.0",
        "phpstan/phpstan": ">=0.12.3 <=0.12.23",