cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer reset password issue

SOLVED

Customer reset password issue

Hi, I have upgraded my magento store from 2.3.6 to 2.3.7-p4 and when I try to reset my customer password, I receive the link via email but when I submit the new password it always shows the error Your password reset link has expired.
I checked the database and the column rp_token_created_at is being updated every time I refresh on the reset password page, so I think that the problem might be related.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Customer reset password issue

Hi, the problem was on the override of the file resetforgottenpassword.phtml on my custom template that didn't have the param id on the form which was causing the problems, after i had this param i could reset the password without problems.
So far this was the only problem found related to the upgrade. I've checked the release notes from versions between 2.3.6 to 2.3.7-p4 and didn't see documention about any change to this form, only to the create account form.

Best regards and thank you for the help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Based on the information you provided, it seems that the issue is related to the expiration time of the password reset link.

The rp_token_created_at column in the database is responsible for tracking when the password reset token was created. The token is usually set to expire after a certain period of time, which is set in the Magento configuration.

To resolve this issue, you can try adjusting the token expiration time in the Magento configuration. Here are the steps to follow:

1. Log in to the Magento Admin panel.
  2. Navigate to Stores > Configuration.
  3. Click on the Customers tab and select the Password Options sub-tab.
  4. Under the Password Reset Link Expiration field, adjust the time limit to a longer duration.
  5. Save the changes and test the password reset functionality again.

If the issue persists, you may want to check the Magento logs for any relevant error messages. Additionally, you can try clearing the Magento cache and resetting the password again.

I hope this helps!

Hi, I tried that and set the expiration time to 24 hours and when I tried to reset the password again the same thing happen.
I've checked the log files and nothing shows there and i noticed that the column rp_token_created_at is being updated after I submit the reset password form.

Hi, the problem was on the override of the file resetforgottenpassword.phtml on my custom template that didn't have the param id on the form which was causing the problems, after i had this param i could reset the password without problems.
So far this was the only problem found related to the upgrade. I've checked the release notes from versions between 2.3.6 to 2.3.7-p4 and didn't see documention about any change to this form, only to the create account form.

Best regards and thank you for the help.