cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error updating 2.4.3-p1 to 2.4.4

Error updating 2.4.3-p1 to 2.4.4

I'm trying to upgrade a cloud sandbox project to 2.4.4. I changed the cloud metapackage depdendency in composer.json from:

"magento/magento-cloud-metapackage": ">=2.4.3 <2.4.4"

to 

"magento/magento-cloud-metapackage": ">=2.4.4 <2.4.5"

And changed the PHP dependency to 8.1 in .magento.app.yaml. After pushing the changes I get this error on the deployment log (in either integration branches or master):

W: > php ./vendor/bin/ece-tools schema:generate || true
    W: PHP Fatal error:  During inheritance of Countable: Uncaught RuntimeException: Deprecated Functionality: Return type of Composer\Repository\ArrayRepository::count() should either be compatible with Countable::count(): int, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /app/vendor/composer/composer/src/Composer/Repository/ArrayRepository.php on line 286 in /app/vendor/magento/ece-tools/src/App/ErrorHandler.php:68
    W: Stack trace:
    W: #0 /app/vendor/composer/composer/src/Composer/Repository/ArrayRepository.php(29): Magento\MagentoCloud\App\ErrorHandler->handle(8192, 'Return type of ...', '/app/vendor/com...', 286)
    W: #1 /app/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(571): include('/app/vendor/com...')
    W: #2 /app/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(428): Composer\Autoload\includeFile('/app/vendor/com...')
    W: #3 /app/vendor/composer/composer/src/Composer/Repository/PlatformRepository.php(32): Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass('Composer\\Reposi...')
    W: #4 /app/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(571): include('/app/vendor/com...')
    W: #5 /app/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(428): Composer\Autoload\includeFile('/app/vendor/com...')
    W: #6 /app/vendor/composer/composer/src/Composer/Package/Loader/ValidatingArrayLoader.php(401): Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass('Composer\\Reposi...')
    W: #7 /app/vendor/composer/composer/src/Composer/Package/Loader/RootPackageLoader.php(75): Composer\Package\Loader\ValidatingArrayLoader::hasPackageNamingError('magento/magento...')
    W: #8 /app/vendor/composer/composer/src/Composer/Factory.php(377): Composer\Package\Loader\RootPackageLoader->load(Array, 'Composer\\Packag...', '/app')
    W: #9 /app/vendor/magento/ece-tools/src/App/Container.php(87): Composer\Factory->createComposer(Object(Composer\IO\BufferIO), Array, false, '/app')
    W: #10 /app/vendor/magento/ece-tools/src/App/Container.php(50): Magento\MagentoCloud\App\Container->createComposerInstance(Object(Magento\MagentoCloud\Filesystem\SystemList))
    W: #11 /app/vendor/magento/ece-tools/bootstrap.php(17): Magento\MagentoCloud\App\Container->__construct('/app/vendor/mag...', '/app')
    W: #12 /app/vendor/magento/ece-tools/bin/ece-tools(7): require('/app/vendor/mag...')
    W: #13 /app/vendor/bin/ece-tools(117): include('/app/vendor/mag...')
    W: #14 {main} in /app/vendor/composer/composer/src/Composer/Repository/ArrayRepository.php on line 29
It seems to be related to the Composer dependency in the vendor folder, but I can't figure out how to tell Magento to use a more recent one. Not sure if this is the exact error. Any suggestion will be more than welcome.
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Error updating 2.4.3-p1 to 2.4.4

Hello @Agustín Farías ,

I hope this email finds you well.

This is Chirag Dave Business Development Executive from Vibidsoft Company.

I saw your recent post and figured that you're looking for Magento Expertise. We at Vibidsoft offer the same kind of services that you're looking for. We have in-house team of resources who are highly experienced and are capable enough to implement any sorts of features that you require. We offer premium quality services at decent rate. We can deliver you some amazing secured functionalities too as we have in-house team of designers and developers who have 7+ years of experience in this industry.

Would you be interested to discuss this further in details?

Here is my contact details:-
Skype ID or Email ID:- chirag.dave@vibidsoft.com

Thank You.

Hi Agustin,

I have been having a similar issue, did you manage to resolve it?

Thanks
Paul

Have the same issue with php 8.1. Any solutions or suggestions how to fix it?

I found that we also need to update composer root update plugin. Maybe it helps to somebody 

composer require magento/composer-root-update-plugin ~2.0 --no-update