cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! Need to update to Magento 2 but being told my package wont!

HELP!!! Need to update to Magento 2 but being told my package wont!

Hi my name is Diane , I need to update my site fast - I dont have a trusted web developer any more after he left me in the lurch. my current template is ma_ Zerian. I have been told that I can't just upgrade to magento 2, merging won't be easy, pluggins aren't available, and to build again, yet I have spent 2 years adding content to this website - please assure me that I dont have to start again, and it is possible using the data I already have? www.shocfurniture.co.uk

3 REPLIES 3

Re: HELP!!! Need to update to Magento 2 but being told my package wont!

Hi @diane_white 

Kindly refer below URL for data migration :

https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.3/migration/migration-plan.html

It has complete steps of migration and will help you to migrate data from M1 to M2.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Thank you - now just to find someone who will do the job for me - who I can trust not to charge me over the top, been quoted 3k, most saying they have to start from scratch :-(

Hi

I would suggest you use an automated service. It's fast and secure. No risk involved. The market's full of these tools, so you are free to choose the one you like the most. As far as I know, some of them even offer a free demo. It's a great opportunity to try out the tool. My personal preference is Cart2Cart, did a bunch of migrations with them. The guys are real pros and do the job quickly