cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import new data in database after upgrade from 2.1.9 to 2.3.3

How to import new data in database after upgrade from 2.1.9 to 2.3.3

Hi everyone,

On our dev environment i've updated our magento 2.1.9 version to 2.3.3, but our live website is still in magento 2.1.9 with the new data like customers, porducts and orders. How can i update the database of the magento 2.3.3 version with the newest data on the dev website so i can copy it all to the live environment.

Thank, Bennie

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to import new data in database after upgrade from 2.1.9 to 2.3.3

Hello @bkrebbers 

Update Magento 2.1.9 to 2.3.3 so that all the data is automatically updated.

You can refer - https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.3/comp-mgr/cli/cli-upgrade.html

Hope it helps.

Problem solved? Click Kudos and "Accept as Solution".
200+ Magento 2 Extensions for Enhanced Shopping Experience.

So you mean that on the live website also has to do the update from 2.1.9 tot 2.3.3? Thought that is would be easier to update the database from the updated magento version on de dev website with the latest customers, orders and products.

As I researched, there are 2 ways for you to import data from your old store on Magento 2.1.9 to Magento 2.3.3: 

1. Export data from your store on version 2.1.9 as CSV files then import them to version 2.3.3.
  2. Migrate data including customers, orders, products,.. directly to Magento 2.3.3 by using an automated migration tool, with only 3 simple steps:

- Set up your source cart and target cart type

- Choose the entities and additional options you want to migrate

- perform the migration process

You can run Free demo to test and preview how the data is managed on the test store before starting the full migration.