cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues editing fields after updating to magento 2.2.4

Issues editing fields after updating to magento 2.2.4

Dear magento users,

I've recently run into some trouble I can't seem to figure out how to fix it.

After upgrading I'm getting the following message when trying the design of stores and store views.

"Something went wrong while saving this configuration: Area is already set"

I'm logged in as an admin, and I feel like this is a permission issue. 

Has anyone had the same issue, and does anyone know a fix for it?

Edit: I managed to fix it by doing the following:

go to:

vendor/magento/module-email/Model/AbstractTemplate.php

and disable the error throwing part by changing it into the following: (line 570)

/**
 * Store the area associated with a template so that it will be returned by getDesignConfig and getDesignParams
 * @param string $templateId
 * @return $this
 * @throws \Magento\Framework\Exception\MailException
 */
public function setForcedArea($templateId)
{
    #if ($this->area) {
    #    throw new \LogicException(__('Area is already set'));
    #}
    $this->area = $this->emailConfig->getTemplateArea($templateId);
    return $this;
}

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Issues editing fields after updating to magento 2.2.4

Hi @jan-willem_van soest,

Can you enable the Magento's logs to see if it's possible to get a another message (something more descriptive).

Maybe you are using 3rd-party modules that you can disable and test again?

Having the same problem on a new install. All I was trying to do is change the store page name and upload a logo. Here is the message I received.

Something went wrong while saving this configuration: Area is already set

Hi @paul_trau

Can you please check the error log in your magento2/var directory.

Post that error log here , so its help us to troubleshoot the issue !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Sorry, I downgraded one version and everything works.

Hi @paul_trau

Glad to know that you have resolved your issue ! Keep helping Smiley Happy

Post the error if you have still any issue !!

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

I am having similar error. What version of what did you downgrade?

I have same error on 2.2.4 trying to replace logo. Was fine on 2.2.3

tx

[2018-05-28 19:06:01] main.CRITICAL: Exception message: Area is already set
Trace: #0 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/vendor/magento/module-theme/Model/Design/Config/Validator.php(117): Magento\Email\Model\AbstractTemplate->setForcedArea('design_email_he...')
#1 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/vendor/magento/module-theme/Model/Design/Config/Validator.php(68): Magento\Theme\Model\Design\Config\Validator->getTemplateText('design_email_he...', Object(Mage
nto\Theme\Model\Data\Design\Config))
#2 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/vendor/magento/module-theme/Model/DesignConfigRepository.php(91): Magento\Theme\Model\Design\Config\Validator->validate(Object(Magento\Theme\Model\Data\Design\Co
nfig))
#3 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(58): Magento\Theme\Model\DesignConfigRepository->save(Object(Magento\Theme\Model\Data\Design\Config))
#4 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(138): Magento\Theme\Model\DesignConfigRepository\Interceptor->___callParent('save', Array)
#5 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(153): Magento\Theme\Model\DesignConfigRepository\Interceptor->Magento\Framework\Interception\{closure}(Obje
ct(Magento\Theme\Model\Data\Design\Config))
#6 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/generated/code/Magento/Theme/Model/DesignConfigRepository/Interceptor.php(26): Magento\Theme\Model\DesignConfigRepository\Interceptor->___callPlugins('save', Arr
ay, Array)
#7 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/vendor/magento/module-theme/Controller/Adminhtml/Design/Config/Save.php(75): Magento\Theme\Model\DesignConfigRepository\Interceptor->save(Object(Magento\Theme\Mo
del\Data\Design\Config))
#8 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/vendor/magento/framework/App/Action/Action.php(107): Magento\Theme\Controller\Adminhtml\Design\Config\Save->execute()
#9 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/vendor/magento/module-backend/App/AbstractAction.php(229): Magento\Framework\App\Action\Action->dispatch(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#10 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(58): Magento\Backend\App\AbstractAction->dispatch(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#11 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(138): Magento\Theme\Controller\Adminhtml\Design\Config\Save\Interceptor->___callParent('dispatch', Array)
#12 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/vendor/magento/module-backend/App/Action/Plugin/Authentication.php(143): Magento\Theme\Controller\Adminhtml\Design\Config\Save\Interceptor->Magento\Framework\In
terception\{closure}(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#13 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(135): Magento\Backend\App\Action\Plugin\Authentication->aroundDispatch(Object(Magento\Theme\Controller\Adm
inhtml\Design\Config\Save\Interceptor), Object(Closure), Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#14 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(153): Magento\Theme\Controller\Adminhtml\Design\Config\Save\Interceptor->Magento\Framework\Interception\{c
losure}(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#15 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/generated/code/Magento/Theme/Controller/Adminhtml/Design/Config/Save/Interceptor.php(26): Magento\Theme\Controller\Adminhtml\Design\Config\Save\Interceptor->___
callPlugins('dispatch', Array, NULL)
#16 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/vendor/magento/framework/App/FrontController.php(55): Magento\Theme\Controller\Adminhtml\Design\Config\Save\Interceptor->dispatch(Object(Magento\Framework\App\R
equest\Http))
#17 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(58): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController->dispatch(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#18 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(138): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->___callParent('dispatch', Array)
#19 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(153): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->Magento\Framework\Interception\{closure}(Object(M
agento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#20 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/generated/code/Magento/Framework/App/FrontController/Interceptor.php(26): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->___callPlugins('dispatch', Array, A
rray)
#21 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/vendor/magento/framework/App/Http.php(135): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->dispatch(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#22 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/vendor/magento/framework/App/Bootstrap.php(256): Magento\Framework\App\Http->launch()
#23 /opt/bitnami/apps/magento/htdocs/index.php(39): Magento\Framework\App\Bootstrap->run(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Http\Interceptor))
#24 {main} [] []

Saved my day! Smiley Happy

Thanks, this worked perfectly. Smiley Happy