cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.0.1 update failed

Magento 2.0.1 update failed

Yesterday I tried to update my Magento 2.0 installation to version 2.0.1. The upgrade failed and i can't reach my admin panel no more. In the frontend i notice this error : Fatal error: Class 'Cm_Cache_Backend_File' not found in /home/mysite/public_html/vendor/magento/zendframework1/library/Zend/Cache.php on line 153

Before the upgrade was initiated a backup was made. I don't know how to roleback to my backup or to fix this error. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Magento 2.0.1 update failed

Is the lib/internal/Cm/Cache/Backend/File.php present?

No, it was not. As a solution i downloaded the backup that was created by the upgrade wizard and overwrited all files by FTP. Now my site was working again.  After that I tried to upgrade my installation directly to Magento 2.0.2 instead of 2.0.1 to upgrade without errors. But the upgrade failed to and I faced the same error. I overwrited the files again and my site is working again.

So both upgrades gave me the error: ErrorException] Source /home/mywebsite/public_html/vendor/magento/magento2-base/dev/tests/integration/.gitignore does not exist. And when I try to rollback my backup i got the Cm/Cache/Backend error.  I don't know how to solve the .gitignore error. The Magento installation was preinstalled by my hostingcompany.

Can someone help me please?

This tool will help you migrate to any version of Magento easily http://tinyurl.com/zeqk3ue . If your site gets any error in migrating, this guys will help you to fix it.

try copy vendor\magento\magento2-base\lib\internal\Cm folder to lib\internal

I faced the same issue while upgrading from 2.0.7 to 2.0.14 and it worked for me. many thanks for this solution.