cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.0.4 with data-migration-tool 2.0.2 - Will it work?

Magento 2.0.4 with data-migration-tool 2.0.2 - Will it work?

I'm using a LAMP stack (AMPPS for Windows) for my development.

I've installed Magento 2.0.2 from a Zip archive ("easy method") and started using the data-migration-tool before discovering that 2.0.4 has been released. Unfortunately, on Windows, there is (seemingly - correct me if I'm wrong please) no way of upgrading a Magento 2 installation using the System Upgrade Utility that is built into Magento 2 as there is no cron on Windows, which will cause the readiness check to fail every time.

The instructions for the data-migration-tool are very clear about ensuring that the version of the migration tool MUST MATCH that of the Magento 2 installation's database to which you are migrating. And also unfortunate is that the keepers of the data-migration-tool have not been diligent at ensuring release of the tool to the same version of the latest Magento 2 that is currently available. Data-Migration-Tool is still at 2.0.2.

So what to do? If I use the 2.0.2 migration tool with Magento 2.0.4, will it work?

I prefer not to migrate data in the 2.0.2 state on Windows, then move everything to Linux, upgrade 2.0.2->2.0.4, and then move everything back to Windows.. but is that the only option until the data-migration-tool has been updated?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Magento 2.0.4 with data-migration-tool 2.0.2 - Will it work?

Not sure if it's equivalent to linux cron but in windows you can use this (replace "C:\..." with your magento path):

Open the command and run the 3 following lines

schtasks /create /sc minute /mo 1 /tn "magento-cron" /tr "php C:\wamp\www\workwearcenter\bin\magento cron:run"
schtasks /create /sc minute /mo 1 /tn "magento-update-cron" /tr "php C:\wamp\www\workwearcenter\update\cron.php"
schtasks /create /sc minute /mo 1 /tn "magento-setup-cron" /tr "php C:\wamp\www\workwearcenter\bin\magento setup:cron:run"

To remove them
schtasks /delete /tn "magento-cron" /f
schtasks /delete /tn "magento-update-cron" /f
schtasks /delete /tn "magento-setup-cron" /f

Bad thing about it is that every minute, you'll have 3 command windows poping up, as I don't know yet how to run them in "silent mode".

Instead of using the System Upgrade Utility, you can use composer (from your magento root dir):

composer update magento/magento-composer-installer
composer require magento/product-community-edition 2.0.4 --no-update
composer update

rm -rf pub/di/* pub/static/frontend/Futurecom/ var/generation/* var/page_cache/* var/cache/* var/view_preprocessed/*
rm -rf pub/di/* pub/static/frontend/Futurecom/ var/generation/* var/page_cache/* var/cache/* var/view_preprocessed/*
php bin/magento cache:clean
php bin/magento cache:flush
php bin/magento setup:upgrade

php bin/magento cache:clean

Just want to share a new video tutorial that walks you through all necessary steps to migrate data from Magento 1 to Magento 2, using our migration tool: https://youtu.be/Jvr8d3OeB8M

Please take a look to see if UB Data Migration Pro will be a good fit for your migration project’s needs and how it can help.

--
We have been building for Magento since 2009. See our growing Magento 2 Extensions & Themes collection.

why do you upgrade magento 2.0.2 to 2.0.4 for windows? It seems to be more simple