cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.2.1 Indexer Fails with invalid SQL Query after migration

Magento 2.2.1 Indexer Fails with invalid SQL Query after migration

I am migrating a Magento 1.9.1.0 site to 2.2.1 using the steps in the migration guide. The migration works, however, when I run the Category Products indexer, it fails.  The relevant line from the failing query is:
INNER JOIN `catalog_product_entity_int` AS `cpvd` ON cpvd.entity_id = cp.entity_id AND cpvd.store_id = 0 AND cpvd.attribute_id =
Notice the missing value after the last "=".

The complete query exceeds the maximum characters I can post here.  But here is the abridged version:

INSERT INTO `catalog_category_product_index_tmp` (`category_id`, `product_id`, `position`, `is_parent`, `store_id`, `visibility`) SELECT 3 AS `category_id`, `cp`.`entity_id` AS `product_id`, IF(ccp.product_id IS NOT NULL, ccp.position, 0) AS `position`, IF(ccp.product_id IS NOT NULL, 1, 0) AS `is_parent`, 1 AS `store_id`, IFNULL(cpvs.value, cpvd.value) AS `visibility` FROM `catalog_product_entity` AS `cp`
 INNER JOIN `catalog_product_website` AS `cpw` ON cpw.product_id = cp.entity_id
 INNER JOIN `catalog_product_entity_int` AS `cpsd` ON cpsd.entity_id = cp.entity_id AND cpsd.store_id = 0 AND cpsd.attribute_id = 215
 LEFT JOIN `catalog_product_entity_int` AS `cpss` ON cpss.entity_id = cp.entity_id AND cpss.attribute_id = cpsd.attribute_id AND cpss.store_id = 1
 INNER JOIN `catalog_product_entity_int` AS `cpvd` ON cpvd.entity_id = cp.entity_id AND cpvd.store_id = 0 AND cpvd.attribute_id = 
 LEFT JOIN `catalog_product_entity_int` AS `cpvs` ON cpvs.entity_id = cp.entity_id AND cpvs.attribute_id = cpvd.attribute_id  AND cpvs.store_id = 1
 LEFT JOIN `catalog_category_product` AS `ccp` ON ccp.product_id = cp.entity_id WHERE (cpw.website_id = '1') AND (IFNULL(cpss.value, cpsd.value) = 1) AND (IFNULL(cpvs.value, cpvd.value) IN (2, 3, 4)) AND (cp.entity_id IN (.........lots of ids here......)) GROUP BY `cp`.`entity_id` ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `category_id` = VALUES(`category_id`), `product_id` = VALUES(`product_id`), `position` = VALUES(`position`), `is_parent` = VALUES(`is_parent`), `store_id` = VALUES(`store_id`), `visibility` = VALUES(`visibility`)

Stack trace:
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getBackend() on boolean in /html/vendor/magento/module-catalog/Model/Indexer/Product/Price/AbstractAction.php:295
Stack trace:
#0 /html/vendor/magento/module-catalog/Model/Indexer/Product/Price/Action/Full.php(141): Magento\Catalog\Model\Indexer\Product\Price\AbstractAction->_prepareTierPriceIndex(Array)
#1 /html/vendor/magento/module-catalog/Model/Indexer/Product/Price.php(66): Magento\Catalog\Model\Indexer\Product\Price\Action\Full->execute()
#2 /html/vendor/magento/module-indexer/Model/Indexer.php(412): Magento\Catalog\Model\Indexer\Product\Price->executeFull()
#3 /html/vendor/magento/module-indexer/Model/Indexer/DependencyDecorator.php(248): Magento\Indexer\Model\Indexer->reindexAll()
#4 /html/vendor/magento/module-indexer/Console/Com in /html/vendor/magento/module-catalog/Model/Indexer/Product/Price/AbstractAction.php on line 295

Any guidance on fixing this would be great.  If this is better posted as a bug report, please let me know and I can create an issue on Git Hub.

Notes
I did remove some orphaned records from the magento 1 database before migrating.  This included some records from the catalog_product_entity_int table.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Magento 2.2.1 Indexer Fails with invalid SQL Query after migration

@dmahaffy

Hi,

Did you figure out the issue? If you can share your finding may help someone else.

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.