cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.2.3 Upgrade to 2.3.x

Magento 2.2.3 Upgrade to 2.3.x

please I made a test site to try to upgrade my Magento 2.2.3, but until now I haven't succeeded at all. I could understand if I have to stop at 2.2 or go directly to 2.3, and if possible how to proceed too. I can not understand and I can not find info, thank you very much.

for example, if I had to step by step which version do I go to? do i change the php version first?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Magento 2.2.3 Upgrade to 2.3.x

Hello @papaeredi 

Please note as of now, the latest Magento stable version is 2.4.6. 2.3 support is stopped by Adobe already.

You can directly upgrade your Magento 2.2.3 to Magento 2.3. However, before you do that, you need to make sure that your PHP version is at least 7.1.3. You can check your PHP version by running the following command in a terminal window:

php -v

If your PHP version is lower than 7.1.3, you need to upgrade it first. You can find instructions on how to upgrade PHP on the PHP website.

Once your PHP version is at least 7.1.3, you can proceed with the Magento 2.2.3 to Magento 2.3 upgrade. The steps are as follows:

1. Create a backup of your Magento 2.2.3 installation.
  2. Run the following command to update your Magento installation:
composer update
  1. Run the following command to upgrade your Magento installation:
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
  1. Run the following command to reindex your Magento installation:
php bin/magento indexer:reindex
  1. Test your Magento 2.3 installation to make sure that it is working properly.
Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

if I want to go directly to 3.4 how do I proceed? Do I update the PHP first? Do I disable third-party extensions?
Please I have tried several times from the command line with composer I always get errors

1. Backup: Back up your site files and database to ensure data safety.

2. Check Requirements: Verify server meets the requirements for the target version.

3. Upgrade Path: Follow the upgrade path:

• Upgrade to latest Magento 2.2.x version (e.g., 2.2.11).
    • Upgrade to Magento 2.3.x.
    • Finally, upgrade to the latest Magento 2.4.x version.
  4. PHP Version: Update PHP to match target version requirements.

5. Extensions/Themes: Ensure compatibility or update them.

6. Test Environment: Set up a test environment mirroring production.

7. Upgrade Steps: Download new Magento files, copy customizations, run upgrade commands (schema, data, patches).

8. Testing: Thoroughly test in the test environment.

9. Backup and Go Live: Apply steps to live site after successful testing.

10. Post-Upgrade: Reapply customizations, test extensions/themes, ensure site functionality.