cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.4.5 and elastic search vs Opensearche

Magento 2.4.5 and elastic search vs Opensearche

Is it correct that from Magento 4.5 and higher versions Elasticsearch is no longer necessary if Opensearch is installed.
I understand that in terms of functionality, the differences are not great.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Magento 2.4.5 and elastic search vs Opensearche

Hello @Ketelbinkie 

As of my knowledge Magento had not released version 4.5, and OpenSearch was not a widely known alternative to Elasticsearch within the Magento ecosystem. 

At that time, Elasticsearch was a popular search engine and indexing solution that Magento integrated with to provide advanced search functionality and improved performance. It's important to note that Elasticsearch provides not only search capabilities but also other features like indexing, filtering, and aggregation that contribute to overall performance and customer experience.

@zoyascootg16c3thanks for your reply. As I understand from your answer. OpenSearch can be used with magento 2.4.5 and higher versions, but has less functionality as Elastic Search

From Magento 2.4.5 onward, OpenSearch can replace Elasticsearch, though with slight functional variations. This offers businesses more flexibility in search technology choices.