cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.2.4 upgrade to 2.2.5 : Update pending [5h and counting...]

Magento 2.2.4 upgrade to 2.2.5 : Update pending [5h and counting...]

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade from CE 2.2.4 to CE 2.2.5 with Magento Web Setup.

The readiness check went fine and I have a System backup.

In php.ini, memory_limit=756M

I am trying to run

php bin/magento setup:cron:run
and
php bin/magento cron:run

but the interface log is not updating.

I am also checking the log files for errors, nothing there.

Anyone with suggestions is more than welcome!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Magento 2.2.4 upgrade to 2.2.5 : Update pending [5h and counting...]

I couldn't find a solution or a way to get to what's going on in the process of the Web Setup on dev environment (Windows). However on test environment CentOS, the following commands worked:

php update/cron.php 
php bin/magento setup:cron:run
php bin/magento cron:run

Workaround (if it doesn't work) :

Use composer.

- remove flag file /var/.maintenance.flag
- php bin/magento setup:maintenance:enable
- php bin/magento setup:cache:disable
- [Optional] disable custom modules
- php bin/magento module:status (check status)
- php bin/magento module:disable TheVendor_TheModule - Edit composer.json - Change "version": "2.2.4" to "version": "2.2.5" - Change "magento/product-community-edition": "2.2.4" to "magento/product-community-edition": "2.2.5", - Prepare Username and Password for repo.magento.com (Magento Public Key and Private Key) - execute command : "composer update" - After completion check magento version : php bin/magento --version - [Optional] rm -rf var/di var/generation (cleanup) - php bin/magento cache:status (enable if disabled) - php bin/magento maintenance:status (disable if enabled) - php bin/magento cache:clean - php bin/magento cache:flush - php bin/magento setup:upgrade - [Optional] disable Static Files Versioning - php bin/magento setup:di:compile - php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f - php bin/magento indexer:reindex - php bin/magento cache:flush - php bin/magento cache:clean - [Optional] chown -R :apache .
- Enable custom modules
- php bin/magento module:enable TheVendor_TheModule
- Conduct Tests - Say thank you and enjoy :-)

Hope it helps someone!

Note to self: always take a side note of the process, during the process. It's life saver!