cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 is complete trash, stay away at all costs

Re: Magento 2 is complete trash, stay away at all costs

We went to lightspeed, now after a long time we can breath again.

No worries for update carnage's no worries for extension updates, no worries for breakdowns.

No glitches no hiccups no unforeseen problems. No huge error logs. No extreme dev costs or getting the bank drained by them.  We have never had such a fast website on magento, it is lightning fast now easy to maintain or..... no there is nothing to maintain. Such a relieve....

No more worries, i wish we had started with lightspeed 7 years ago.

It is 2021 May 9th. My team has to work on a plugin for Magento 2.3.3 and we decided to use a local machine with ngrok instead of a hosted one. Primary reason being cloud hosting is expensive, and our other logistics nightmares.

I noticed Magento 2.3.3 was particularly slow after running a composer require command, then some Magento static compilations, cache cleans, a few permission errors here and there then finally being able to view the Storefront.

What I didn't know that the cache was automatically disabled. Was able to verify this by doing bin/magento cache:status - all the caches were set to "0".

I can't upgrade Magento because we need the plugin to work on this specific version. So,

bin/magento cache:enable

Wow it actually ran like the time I did the fresh install. 

Adding this here so that someone may find it useful.

true totally a gambling with money, if we buy this

I completely agree. Magento has been a nightmare to work with. What works on your staging environment does not work on your production on the exact same setup and hardware. Sometimes making simple changes are overly complicated. We are dropping magento and going with a custom solution without the over-engineering crap that comes with magento2.x. 

Yep I agree. 1.5 years to go live, a big implementation budget and lots of nerves wasted on a Magento 2 Commerce Cloud implementation. One can learn alot from failure, but succeeding instead would be much more fun... I'm really sorry for my team and our stakeholders.

As a store owner, i don't have much IT knowledge, but i used magento since 1.4.x( if i didn't remember it wrong), at that time Joomla or wordpress is not suitable for e-commerce. and magento was great! Even people like me can run magento store and handle small tech problems(by google search sometimes though), the learning curve is not steep, if you put sometime most of the issues can be resolved. the magento 1.x sites are relatively stable and secure.

I have several magento 1.9.x webstores which have been up and running for quite a few years. i don't want to lose the product/cutstomers data, then started the migration to magento 2.x, since that, i feel i can't handle the tech problems, it's quite difficult to me. but i already have invested so much time & money to keep my stores alive. but new system issues, plugin issues,really a headache for me.

Today i wanted to update my magento 2.3.5-p1 to 2.4.3 but after many attempts, i felt so frustrated with the database. I think it's time for me to give up magento and turn to woocommerce. the latter is quite straight forward and light weight, easy to maintain which i used to make it for an online catalog.

I wish magento can be developed to an easy use and secure system. For most medium and small sized companies it's quite important, most of us are not IT experts.

not the same, everything is awful

last two days I am trying to install latest version(installing first time)... after installation it responding 4O4.... Mango kite Cat.

100 percent concur !

With my Dev group, we have settled on the decision to change for Sylius a genuinely complete and clear symfony based internet business system with VueStorefront. We simply start the undertaking, however improvement time is only multiple times all the more simple and speedly.
only 2 years lost with magento. We are exhausted to consistently stand by the following delivery with the expectation of fixed bugs.

I'm completely in agreement with John, it's a complete waste of time in this day and age of the headless e-commerce platforms, and AWS Bitnami is even worst, every day you end up spending hours just to log in or update and you are never sure when a new problem will crop up. I'm not sure why AWS still has it as a stack, they should discontinue it.