cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 is complete trash, stay away at all costs

Highlighted

Magento 2 is complete trash, stay away at all costs

Magento 2 is complete nightmare garbage to work with. I regret spending over a year trying to get this platform to work. And I didn't really do anything fancy. I basically modified the basic theme with some CSS, installed a few extension from reputable extension providers (maybe like 5 in total), and that is about it. And the store still does not work properly.

I've submitted over 30 confirmed core bugs on the M2 github in 2019. And these are breaking bugs that renders the store unusable. Things such as not being able to checkout or manage your orders.

Some highlights of M2 development:

- You fix 2 bugs and another one creeps up from nowhere

- Random bugs out of nowhere

- Breaking changes when upgrading minor versions (for example 2.3.1 to 2.3.3) breaks entire store

- Overcomplicated and **bleep**ty XML layout system

- Slow, slow, slow. You need to optimize performance a lot to get a decent loadtime of ~1 second (lol)

- Each upgrade brings new breaking bugs that make your store not work

- Upgraded your store to from 2.3.x to 2.3.3? That sucks bro, now your order emails don't work because they introduced breaking changes to SMTP

- Do you like bundled core modules that you will never use? Magento 2 has a lot of them. Enjoy spending 10 hours trying to uninstall them.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Magento 2 is complete trash, stay away at all costs

[[ post deleted, took a breath, realised I'm being a tool ]]

Highlighted

Re: Magento 2 is complete trash, stay away at all costs

No, your assessment is 100% spot on.  The current build I'm dealing with has different issues in different environments with the same codebase.  I don't know how you'd even go about creating an application with as many issues as this concentrated garbage.