cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 is complete trash, stay away at all costs

Re: Magento 2 is complete trash, stay away at all costs

We went to lightspeed, now after a long time we can breath again.

No worries for update carnage's no worries for extension updates, no worries for breakdowns.

No glitches no hiccups no unforeseen problems. No huge error logs. No extreme dev costs or getting the bank drained by them.  We have never had such a fast website on magento, it is lightning fast now easy to maintain or..... no there is nothing to maintain. Such a relieve....

No more worries, i wish we had started with lightspeed 7 years ago.

It is 2021 May 9th. My team has to work on a plugin for Magento 2.3.3 and we decided to use a local machine with ngrok instead of a hosted one. Primary reason being cloud hosting is expensive, and our other logistics nightmares.

I noticed Magento 2.3.3 was particularly slow after running a composer require command, then some Magento static compilations, cache cleans, a few permission errors here and there then finally being able to view the Storefront.

What I didn't know that the cache was automatically disabled. Was able to verify this by doing bin/magento cache:status - all the caches were set to "0".

I can't upgrade Magento because we need the plugin to work on this specific version. So,

bin/magento cache:enable

Wow it actually ran like the time I did the fresh install. 

Adding this here so that someone may find it useful.

true totally a gambling with money, if we buy this