cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Developer Certification as a Laravel Developer

Magento Developer Certification as a Laravel Developer

I know this depends on the person and their experience, but I was trying to get a rough sense for how long it would take to get up to speed with Magento 2 and certified as someone who has been working with Laravel most recently.

About 8 years ago I worked with Magento 1 for about two and a half years. I worked with heavily customized WordPress projects for a couple years and for the last 3 years I've been building and maintaining Laravel applications.

Could an experienced PHP developer get certified in a matter of weeks or would it more likely take months?

I'm not employed at the moment, so I could dedicate full-time learning of Magento 2.

I was looking at purchasing a couple Udemy classes to get up to speed quickly, but if there are other better resources, besides the Magento documentation itself, I would be open to suggestions.

Is Laravel a decent foundation for learning Magento 2? I know Composer was added since I last used Magento, so I'm guessing there are other more modern updates that might be similar? I know the structure is different, but I'm somewhat familiar with the XML structure for modules and themes.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Magento Developer Certification as a Laravel Developer

@patrickshawn_pa wrote:

Could an experienced PHP developer get certified in a matter of weeks or would it more likely take months?

As a developer who come from Drupal 7/8 and recently got Magento certification - I could say that its kinda complicated, it took from me half a year to make it from scratch.

Magento is ecommerce oriented you still need to understand its customer and business logic before you star looking into code.

Code is heavily dependent on directory structure and xml configurations.

Re: Magento Developer Certification as a Laravel Developer

Hi @patrickshawn_pa 

Glad to hear you are trying to give magento certification i am a magento certified developer so i am just giving you my suggestion which can help you to achieve it  As you said you have 8+ years of experience so there is no  question about your core PHP and basic logic knowledge. As you worked on Magento 1 so it's a bit easy to understand the things many things are changed from  from Magento 1 To Magento 2 but the basics are there. You need to grab the below things quick:

1. Understand the Directory Structure:(It's Whole new structure but you understand it once then it's much simpler then Magento 1)

2. Understand Plugin,Observer,Service Contract,db_schema,ORM.

3. Create a basic Theme setup everything their like layout and other xml file.

4. Do Practical If you do Practical of above things then i think its easy for you to clear first step of Magento Certification that is Magento Associate Developer Certification.

Few more thing try to buy Swift Otter Book for your respective Exam It's seriously very helpfull you can find here: swiftotter

Hope this will Help you.

if above answer was helpful then please Accept as Solution & give Kudos
Shubham Khandelwal