cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento update via admin

Magento update via admin

Hi, I've installed Magento 2.0 on XAMPP php version 5.6.14. Now i need to update the version because of the latest issues. When i update via the admin I see a update functionality. Does anyone have any experience with that?

I notice the Readiness Check detects the wrong PHP version,

PHP Version Check

Your PHP version is correct (5.5.29).

I have only one Server installed local, so where does magento gets this info?

Also the cron script is not running, but when i approach it via the terminal it is there.

Who can help?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Magento update via admin

I cannot help you specifically with WAMP because I have never used it. However, you can probably figure out what's going on with PHP by doing a few things. There can be two PHP versions: one for the PHP command line and one for the web server plug-in.

From the command line, enter php -v. What version does it show?

From the command line, php -i shows the Loaded Configuration File for the PHP command line.

Then which php should show you which binary the PHP command line uses.

Next, create a phpinfo.php and look for Loaded Configuration File.

Chances are, these commands show what the issue is. First, set up your cron jobs exactly as shown here.

If that doesn't resolve it, you might need to uninstall PHP, verify the 5.5 version is gone, and reinstall.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I use XAMPP not WAMP, i don't know if that makes a lot of difference.

php -v shows PHP 5.6.14

php -i shows phpinfo() PHP Version => 5.6.14

which php shows the path were magento is installed: /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/bin/php

So no other PHP has been found there, so where does Magento find:

PHP Version Check

Your PHP version is correct (5.5.29).

I believe we look for the version the web server is using. Search the result from phpinfo.php for 5.5.

Use this page for more info. Sorry I can't be of more help. http://php.net/manual/en/install.windows.apache2.php

Apperently Mac has a PHP also integrated default in the sytem (in my case Yosemite) i moved that into another folder (oldphp) and dealt with some missing extensions. Now this part works. Only the cron is not properly set, altough it does run with 'php bin/magento cron:run' so I have to figure that out. if someone has a suggestion, don't hesitate :-)

Cool! As for cron, put the path to the php binary in your crontab as shown here: http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/install-gde/install/post-install-config.html#post-install-cro...

So i'm not really good at the commandline, i ruined my envonment. I now downloaded a VM from Bitnami, that works fine for now