cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating basic data from Magento 2.1.15 to 2.3.3

Migrating basic data from Magento 2.1.15 to 2.3.3

I have a very old store that has been through hell, it's basically held together with duct tape. It started life as magento 1.7 then went through upgrades, dozens of extensions installed and uninstalled, custom templates that add "tools" to the magento backend. I made a copy on a development server and tried to upgrade it to 2.2 or 2.3 version of magento with no luck.

Now I'm trying something new. I installed a brand new version of Magento 2.3.3 on the development server, and I'd like to bring in my customer data, my orders, and my products into it. I'm going to be making a new theme, and I'm fine with reconfiguring everything from scratch. I'd just like to keep the close to 10 years of customer info and products.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Migrating basic data from Magento 2.1.15 to 2.3.3

What you are trying to do makes a lot more sense as the old installation will be too heavy and complex to be upgraded. 

Do you have any questions that you would like to ask the Magento community? 

Hi there, Do you need help to transfer your database?

Alana

WhatsApp: +84961933683

I have a store almost exactly as @maristfernas_ma  described and haven't been able to successfully upgrade from 2.1.16 to the newer versions. 

https://community.magento.com/t5/Magento-2-x-Version-Upgrades/Integrity-constraint-violation-while-u...

I only need to get the product related items over to the new version, this Magento install is an online catalog that doesn't do sales, so no customer or past sales info. Just need the products and a locator module to tell where to buy the products.

Where is the documentation for exporting/importing the catalog to a new install?

what is the list of data i need to import from my production site? after upgrading to magento 2.3 on new server and will changing DNS info to go live on new server- the easiest solution i see is to manually export Sale > Orders, Shipment and invoices. on Customers > all Customers.

is there anything else i would need to sync the latest data with my production ?

Thanks