Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order status dropdown not showing options

SOLVED

Order status dropdown not showing options

Hi

First post here. 
I've done a upgrade from 1.9 to 2.3.1. Now that I was  about to place the site online, I've notice that I can't change the orders status, because the only option is "processing". 

This goes for old order ( migrated ) and new ones. 

So... not even sure where to start to fix this. 

Everything looks the same as magento 1.9 but some tables are different for example in m1 there's a Sales_Flat_Order while on m2 it's on sales_order_status_history

Any help on what should I be looking, would be appreciated

Thanks 

magedo.png

Order Status

m2_status.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Order status dropdown not showing options

Hi, sorry for the late response, I posted them yesterday but today I found out it was marked as spam and had been removed.

I hope this answer can help you.

So, what you are seeing inside Magento backend now are actually order status, not order states. And you can create your own order statuses corresponding with Magento default order states. 

To create an order status, go to your Magento backend, Stores > Settings > Order Status > Create New Status. Then you will need to enter needed information and assign the newly created status to a state by clicking “Assign Status To State“. 

Select the state that you want to assign. Remember to check the box before “Use Order Status As Default”. Then click “Save Status Assignment“.

To change order status, go to Sales > Orders and click on the order whose status you want to change. You can see these options which allow to change the order state on the order detail page:

1. Edit: the current order will be canceled and duplicated into a new one
2. Cancel: delete 
3. Send email: send order details to customers via email
4. Hold: change order state to On Hold
5. Invoice: change order state to Processing
6. Ship: change order state to Complete (after submitting shipment)
7. Reorder: resubmit the same order
And be noted that each state can be assigned by multiple statuses.

If you have any questions about Magento migration or upgrade, feel free to PM me !

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

I understand your problem, however, I cannot load your screenshots. It would be better if you repost it.

The first is just the the order status only displays one choice: 

https://ibb.co/nzj6DzC

The second is the order status that were migrated: 

https://ibb.co/rw5H1dn

However this probably won't be enough. But I really don't know where or what I should start looking. 

Note: even if I create a order ( on admin side ), the result is the same. 
A template issue? A database issue ? 
The orders were migrated ok ( I guess.. now ), clients also, but there some sort of relation that maybe is missing. 

Thanks

Do I need the default order status from magento 2 ? 

Hi, sorry for the late response, I posted them yesterday but today I found out it was marked as spam and had been removed.

I hope this answer can help you.

So, what you are seeing inside Magento backend now are actually order status, not order states. And you can create your own order statuses corresponding with Magento default order states. 

To create an order status, go to your Magento backend, Stores > Settings > Order Status > Create New Status. Then you will need to enter needed information and assign the newly created status to a state by clicking “Assign Status To State“. 

Select the state that you want to assign. Remember to check the box before “Use Order Status As Default”. Then click “Save Status Assignment“.

To change order status, go to Sales > Orders and click on the order whose status you want to change. You can see these options which allow to change the order state on the order detail page:

1. Edit: the current order will be canceled and duplicated into a new one
2. Cancel: delete 
3. Send email: send order details to customers via email
4. Hold: change order state to On Hold
5. Invoice: change order state to Processing
6. Ship: change order state to Complete (after submitting shipment)
7. Reorder: resubmit the same order
And be noted that each state can be assigned by multiple statuses.

If you have any questions about Magento migration or upgrade, feel free to PM me !

Thanks for the reply and help!
If I create some other states now I can see them now in the order status dropdown. 
Thanks !

In Orders page not showing order status but got orders using API , in this orders have order status, but it not display in MagentoMagentoOrderStatus.png)