cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to upgrade Magento 1.7.0.2 to 2.2.6?

Possible to upgrade Magento 1.7.0.2 to 2.2.6?

I am current running a legacy Magento 1.7.0.2 server.   I would like to move to Magento 2.2.6 but I haven't seen any clear documentation on whether or not this is a possible upgrade path.

If not, is there a way to take a clean 2.2.6 server, installed on another server, and then migrate just the data from my older 1.7.0.2 instance and customized images, into the 2.2.6 server?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Possible to upgrade Magento 1.7.0.2 to 2.2.6?

You should be able to migrate data directly to 2.2.6 using 1.7.0.2 base. Magento Official Data Migration tool supports 1.7.0.2.

You can follow this guide https://www.goivvy.com/blog/magento-2-migration , it describes a migration process in details.

This is excellent.  Are there any instructions on the explicit steps required for downloading the .tar version of the installer, and then how to uncompress the file and run the installer?

That should be easy:

1. Download the .tar file

2. To uncompress it, run 'tar zxvf file.tar' SSH command

3. Access your website in a browser and follow instructions

Here watch this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1_WonHmAAM

It shows how to install Magento 2 on Mac but I'm sure you'll get the idea.

Possible to Upgrade ? I think it should be migrate form  1.7.0.2 to 2.2.6.

Upgrade: Same product with newer version
Migrate: Replicate copy to other product

You need to migrate you Magento database, Theme, extension and customisation.

You can migrate using CLI tool, which is vary easy to use.

https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/migration/migration-tool.html

It will migrate Magento database and settings, You need to manually migrate Theme and extension 

Hello @robert_gordon,

Yes, It's possible to migration Magento 1 to Magento 2. You have to follow 5-Step Magento 1 to Magento 2 Migration Process

1. Stock M2 installation
  2. Data migration
  3. Theme migration
  4. Migrating extensions
  5. Test, test, test

I can’t emphasize it enough - thoroughly test your newly created Magento 2 before going live!

Make a list of ALL the features of your current Magento 1 and check them one by one.

Make sure all the payment methods work and the money is captured.

Test any complex shipping setups to make sure they work like they’re supposed to.

This may seem like common sense, but you would be surprised at the amount of mistakes you’d spot through regular check-ups.

At the end of the day, you want your shop to be stable, user-friendly and profitable.

You can’t expect any profits from a website that barely works.

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

Robert,

Yes, this is possible. The official Data Migration tool allows to perform Magento miration from as low as 1.6. However, it is highly advisable that you upgrade your existing store to 1.9.4.5 as to have all the recent security patches in place for as long as you'll be working on setting up your new Magento 2 store.

Best regards,

Jan

Chief Business Development Officer

Staylime, a Magento development company