cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems With Categories In Admin After Upgrade From 1.7.0.2 -> 2.0.7

Problems With Categories In Admin After Upgrade From 1.7.0.2 -> 2.0.7

Did the migration with the official migration tool.  Everything looks great with 1 problem: In the admin backend, when I go to edit a category, I'm only seeing the General Information tab -  the other tabs for "Display Settings", "Custom Design", "Categry Products" just don't show up at all.  Here is a screenshot of what my category editor looks like: Broken Category Editor

Additionally, I'm getting this error in my log for Magento: 

[2016-06-03 22:04:29] main.CRITICAL: Invalid template file: 'Magento_Catalog::js/components.phtml' in module: '' block's name: 'catalog_category_page_head_components' [] []

I've googled for this error, but have not found any definitive solution for 2.0.7.  It appears that *maybe* there is a fix in Magento 2.1, but I can't wait for that to eventually be released - and it is not clear if this issue is actually fixed there.

Can anyone offer some insight?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Problems With Categories In Admin After Upgrade From 1.7.0.2 -> 2.0.7

Bump.  Is there anywhere else I can look for help?

Magento 2.1 is out now. You can try upgrading to the latest version and see if that fixes your issue. Please apply the patch first before upgrading to allow the upgrade to complete successfully:
http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/release-notes/tech_bull_21-upgrade.html

Some people have the same error log after using the migration tool from 1.7.0.2 to magento 2.0.7. All works ok but if you access a product in the product grid it just shows the headline of the product and nothing else.

Maybe this is related to an extension you used in 1.7 and causes a wrong import in magento 2.0.7?