cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run out of memory storage when upgrade from CE 2.2.4 to CE 2.2.5

Run out of memory storage when upgrade from CE 2.2.4 to CE 2.2.5

Tried to upgrade from CE 2.2.4 to CE 2.2.5 via composer. Half way it came back with message saying not enough memory and the whole process stopped. The worst to this is I found most files under public_html were removed during upgrade.

Any suggest how I can recover back to CE 2.2.4 at least i have my website back and running? Just do another composer upgrade to CE 2.2.4 version?

Why upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.2.5 causes memory issue? I use shared server so have limited space. But in all previous upgrades (from 2.2.1 all the way to 2.2.4), this never happened. I assume upgrade should use less space than full installation?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Run out of memory storage when upgrade from CE 2.2.4 to CE 2.2.5

You can downgrade your Magento version by just change in composer.json file,

You need to replace below the line in your composer.json file,

Replace,

"version": "2.2.5", to "version": "2.2.4",

and  Replace,

"magento/product-community-edition": "2.2.5", tp "magento/product-community-edition": "2.2.4",

Now run the command from the root of your Magento,

composer update
If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

I did that to put the version back to 2.2.4. However, there is another issue. It appears that everything under bin folder is gone. So after update, when I want to disable maintenance mode, it failed with error message "Could not open input file: bin/magento". 

How can the upgrade to 2.2.5 wipe out magento folder completely? What can i do from here? Re-install from scratch?

You can download bin folder from Magento Github,

https://github.com/magento/magento2/tree/2.2.4/bin

Thanks.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Thanks Rakesh. After downloaded bin, I found there are more files missing. Looks like I am going to download the whole 2.2.4 and upload the missing ones. Any idea why upgrade could cause so many critical files deleted?

I downloaded the whole Magento CE 2.2.4 file structure. But I found that there are more files missing from my public_html. 

When I ran php bin/magento setup:upgrade, i have below error message

"

Warning: require(/home/xxxx/public_html/vendor/composer/../../app/etc/NonComposerComponentRegistration.php): failed to op en stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxx/public_html/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 70

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/xxxx/public_html/vendor/composer/../../app/etc/NonComposerComponen tRegistration.php' (include_path='/home/xxxx/public_html/vendor/magento/zendframework1/library:.:/usr/local/php70/pear') in /home/xxxx/public_html/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 70

"

This file doesn't exist in the magento files I downloaded. So I am stuck. Does it mean I have to re-install from scratch? Why an upgrade can cause so many critical files missing? I have been using same commands when I upgraded all the way from 2.2.0 to 2.2.4 without any issue. 

Any one can shed some lights will be much appreciated.