cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to 2.0.1 Invalid JSON.

SOLVED

Update to 2.0.1 Invalid JSON.

I've tried to update my v2.0.0 installation to v2.0.01 and receive the error message

Content to write must be a valid JSON.

Anyone got any ideas what might be wrong?

JSON file

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Update to 2.0.1 Invalid JSON.

@Metalmania: Can you try to upgrade with Softaculous and see if it works? 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I might be mixing up two issues but do you recall how you got the Magento software? For example did you use a command line #1 or #2 below:

#1:

omposer create-project --repository-url=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-community-edition <installation directory name>

#2: 

omposer create-project magento/project-community-edition <installation directory name>

My initial install was via a Softaculous V2.0.0 install provided by my hosting company.

Then I went through the process of deploying the sample data...

i.e.

curl -sS https://getcomposer.org/installer | php

then

composer update

then

php /bin/magento setup:upgrade

This is running on a PHP7 installation...could that be an issue? I could not get the Softaculous version working on PHP5.6.

I might just trash the whole thing and start again with v2.0.1 as I notice Softaculous have provided an updated version.

@Metalmania: Can you try to upgrade with Softaculous and see if it works? 

@JLHC Ok, I've trashed my v2.0.0. installation and re-installed the v2.0.1 via the Softaculous package successfully. 

I will have to go through the process of loading all the sample data again though. Smiley Sad

Hopefully this will not happen again if/when I need to upgrade to the next version because at that point I will have loaded my site with the production data.