cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade 2.1.4->2.1.6 Category Item Images Show Broken Links

SOLVED

Upgrade 2.1.4->2.1.6 Category Item Images Show Broken Links

pretty much what it says.  when I upgraded my magento software, and dear God this is the worst part about a magento website, is the upgrade, and all the little **bleep**s that are broken afterwards.

Images show up for the items on the item page, but item images dont show up in the category page.

Any suggestions or questions I appreciate.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Upgrade 2.1.4->2.1.6 Category Item Images Show Broken Links

the very simple solution is to recreate the magento cache images by running

magento catalog:images:resize

I put my server in maintenance mode before running, and for me it took many hours to complete.
why it needs this run and doesnt do it itself is beyond me.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Same here.
Guess it is a glitch related to the many updates in storefront images and how they are generated then loaded.

My immediate solution is to just Edit each Product that shows in categories (BackOffice > Products > Catalog) and save them right after. No need to change anything, just Edit and Save.

Another solution might be export the whole catalog and import again. Or maybe just these images? No experience there yet.

Hope it helps. Cheers

I had the same issue.  Was hoping to find a solution here.  Since I have 1100 products, clicking on each one and resaving makes no sense.

Anyone find a solution to this yet?

I will actually go in and manually save one and see if this fixes the issues and if it does i will do a differential analysis on the database and see what happens

there really isnt much changed in the data base honestly.  there has to be a way to programatically save all products again.

It doesn't look like a database issue, it looks like a caching issue.  But clearing the cache didn't seem to help. We still haven't figured this out and are considering going back to 2.1.5.

I posted an issue on github, and yes it does appear to be a caching issue although there are some additions to the database from 2.1.4 -> 2.1.6 they are mainly minor, but yes the category image shows a broken link and in fact it is a broken link as there is no image at the location of the url from the category image.  i also noticed that the thumbnail images on the item page from ones that i havent re saved are oddly cropped.

the very simple solution is to recreate the magento cache images by running

magento catalog:images:resize

I put my server in maintenance mode before running, and for me it took many hours to complete.
why it needs this run and doesnt do it itself is beyond me.

That worked.  Thank you!