cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade error- 2.3.1 magento2-functional-testing-framework

Upgrade error- 2.3.1 magento2-functional-testing-framework

Hi I am trying to upgrade my Magento 2.3.1 CE to 2.3.7. I may upgrade further later. One step at a time. I am getting some errors. One of them being

Problem 1
    - magento/magento2-functional-testing-framework is locked to version 2.3.9 and an update of this package was not requested.
    - magento/magento2-functional-testing-framework 2.3.9 requires php 7.0.2|7.0.4|~7.0.6|~7.1.0|~7.2.0 -> your php version (7.4.26) does not satisfy that requirement.

What is this? Do I need it? It's hindering my upgrade.

Thanks

Pete

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Upgrade error- 2.3.1 magento2-functional-testing-framework

Hello @nypedrogmad4a4 

This is the core Magento feature for testing purposes. this is not used to running the website. 

To resolve the issue you need to update your current PHP version of the server.

If my answer is helpful full then please set the accept solution flag and kudos flag so other members can take the same reference.

I'm running PHP 7.4 and it is throwing that error at me. That's what I don't get.

Thanks

Pete

Hello @nypedrogmad4a4 

Please check the error message told by the system to you. the system is not suitable with PHP 7.4.

You have to add the PHP 7.1 and other versions available in warning message.

Well I can't run two php versions at once. I set it back to PHP 7.1 and got this error.

[InvalidArgumentException]
  Package magento/product-community-edition at version 2.3.7-p1 has requirements incompatible with your PHP version, PHP extensions and Composer version:
    - magento/product-community-edition 2.3.7-p1 requires php ~7.3.0||~7.4.0 which does not match your installed version 7.1.33.

I'm stuck in a circle here. I need two different versions...

I never got your solution? It showed up in my email but not in the thread.

The problem may come from not matching your php version with your magento version
System requirements
If you are working on a Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure project, see Service versions in the Cloud Guide.
This table notes software versions that were officially tested and supported at the time of the Magento version’s release. Newer versions of required software may work but have not been tested.
https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.4/install-gde/system-requirements.html

If issue solved, Click Kudos & Accept as Solution.
LitCommerce - The Most Simple & Affordable Multi-channel Selling Tool

I have tried every php version and it doesn't work. Composer is up to date. Can the testing framework be updates separately by command?