Upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.3.7

I'm trying to upgrade Magento from 2.2.4 to 2.3.7,

PHP version 7.3

I followed this tutorial to do the upgrade

When i do

composer update

I got those errors

Problem 1
    - Root composer.json requires fooman/printorderpdf-m2 ^3.3, it is satisfiable by fooman/printorderpdf-m2[3.3.0, 3.3.1, 3.3.2] from composer repo (https://repo.packagist.org) but fooman/printorderpdf-m2[3.1.0] from artifact repo (/home/wetag/public_html/vendor/fooman/packages) has higher repository priority. The packages with higher priority do not match your constraint and are therefore not installable. See https://getcomposer.org/repoprio for details and assistance.
  Problem 2
    - magento/inventory-composer-installer 1.1.0 requires composer-plugin-api ^1.1 -> found composer-plugin-api[2.1.0] but it does not match the constraint.
    - magento/product-community-edition 2.3.4 requires magento/inventory-composer-metapackage 1.1.4 -> satisfiable by magento/inventory-composer-metapackage[1.1.4].
    - magento/inventory-composer-metapackage 1.1.4 requires magento/inventory-composer-installer 1.1.0 -> satisfiable by magento/inventory-composer-installer[1.1.0].
    - Root composer.json requires magento/product-community-edition 2.3.4 -> satisfiable by magento/product-community-edition[2.3.4].

I tried to downgrade/upgrade Composer, when downgrading to 1.10.22 problem 1 is fixed but i read that Magento 2.3 require Composer 2

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.3.7

Thanks for using our extension. With Composer 2.0 the repository source is now fixed and it will prevent changing between different repsositories automatically.

By the looks of it you previously installed the extension via a downloaded zip file, placed under vendor/fooman/packages. Using the artefact approach you would first need to download the 2.3.7 compatible package zip file. Then running the same Composer commands you did previously would succeed with Composer 2.0

However the artefact approach is quite manual so for most people I would suggest using one of our other installation sources, for example packagist or Marketplace.

In summary I would first remove the extension

composer remove fooman/printorderpdf-m2

then remove the artefact entry in your composer.json file 

then run 
composer require fooman/printorderpdf-m2:^3.0

Re: Upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.3.7

Thanks for your answer

I forget to say that i almost succeed the update with composer 1.10

but i got this error

[InvalidArgumentException]                                           
 Package is not installed: magento/project-community-edition-2.3.7.0

Now, i upgraded composer to version 2.0 and tried to remove printorderpdf-m2

composer remove fooman/printorderpdf-m2

I got this error

Problem 1
    - magento/inventory-composer-installer 1.1.0 requires composer-plugin-api ^1.1 -> found composer-plugin-api[2.0.0] but it does not match the constraint.
    - magento/product-community-edition 2.3.4 requires magento/inventory-composer-metapackage 1.1.4 -> satisfiable by magento/inventory-composer-metapackage[1.1.4].
    - magento/inventory-composer-metapackage 1.1.4 requires magento/inventory-composer-installer 1.1.0 -> satisfiable by magento/inventory-composer-installer[1.1.0].
    - magento/product-community-edition is locked to version 2.3.4 and an update of this package was not requested.

You are using Composer 2, which some of your plugins seem to be incompatible with. Make sure you update your plugins or report a plugin-issue to ask them to support Composer 2.

Removal failed, reverting ./composer.json to its original content.
Removal failed, fooman/printorderpdf-m2 is still present, it may be required by another package. See `composer why fooman/printorderpdf-m2`.

Thanks.