cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 2.3.1 to 2.3.2 (security updates) - correct version # not showing

SOLVED

Upgrade from 2.3.1 to 2.3.2 (security updates) - correct version # not showing

During update (via web setup) I had to manually delete .update_in_progress.flag and maintenance flag files.  But after the success message came up the admin screen still shows 2.3.1 in lower-right corner.

How do I see if the 2.3.2. is really there?

If it is not, then why would I get success on the upgrade?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Upgrade from 2.3.1 to 2.3.2 (security updates) - correct version # not showing

Thanks for the reply!

I wish I had the exact error still but it was something about not enough swap space... it was hidden from the "web setup", but it was clear when I used the CLI w/ -vvv.  (unable to allocate memory / has to do with SWAP or ...)

I'm hosted on the Cloudways platform with a 2GB/1 CPU ~$20/mo.  I really loved the service and it performed well.  Then I read the news about the insecure Magento 2.x eCommerce stores and the critical patch/upgrade 2.3.2.  Cloudways support was a complete failure and kept saying a "developer" would be needed and that they wouldn't provide any support.

I had to increase the resources on the server to 4GB/2CPU and then the upgrade was successful.  Now I need to clone the server back to 2GB/1CPU since $20 works just fine and I don't want to pay $40/mo if I don't have the traffic to support it.

Again, I really appreciate the time you took to provide these instructions.  In the end I believe the issue was with composer and its need for a larger SWAP, which cloudways would not increase - understandably since it would need a server w/ more resources.

Let me know if I can still mark your answer the solution since this might help others before they lose their minds like I did troubleshooting this.  Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Upgrade from 2.3.1 to 2.3.2 (security updates) - correct version # not showing

Try the CLI update process:

1) On your terminal go into magento root folder.
2) Set magento 2 under maintenance mode

php bin/magento maintenance:enable

3) Search for the correct and latest magento 2 version

composer show magento/product-community-edition 2.3.* --all | grep -m 1 versions

4) Force your composer to use the latest version

composer require magento/product-community-edition=2.3.3 --no-update

5) Update your magento 2 installation

composer update

6) After successful update Upgrade magento and compile

php bin/magento setup:upgrade
bin/magento setup:di:compile

7) Disable maintenance mode and you are ready to check the correct version

php bin/magento maintenance:disable

Thanks for the reply!

I wish I had the exact error still but it was something about not enough swap space... it was hidden from the "web setup", but it was clear when I used the CLI w/ -vvv.  (unable to allocate memory / has to do with SWAP or ...)

I'm hosted on the Cloudways platform with a 2GB/1 CPU ~$20/mo.  I really loved the service and it performed well.  Then I read the news about the insecure Magento 2.x eCommerce stores and the critical patch/upgrade 2.3.2.  Cloudways support was a complete failure and kept saying a "developer" would be needed and that they wouldn't provide any support.

I had to increase the resources on the server to 4GB/2CPU and then the upgrade was successful.  Now I need to clone the server back to 2GB/1CPU since $20 works just fine and I don't want to pay $40/mo if I don't have the traffic to support it.

Again, I really appreciate the time you took to provide these instructions.  In the end I believe the issue was with composer and its need for a larger SWAP, which cloudways would not increase - understandably since it would need a server w/ more resources.

Let me know if I can still mark your answer the solution since this might help others before they lose their minds like I did troubleshooting this.  Smiley Happy

Hi,

I'm using Magento 2.3.1 and I follow your commands to upgrade to 2.3.3 but when I used the command:

php bin/magento setup:di:compile

I receive the following console error:

Class Magento\Review\Observer\CatalogBlockProductCollectionBeforeToHtmlObserver does not exist

Any idea how to solve it?