cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from v2.1.6 to latest 2.2.0

Upgrade from v2.1.6 to latest 2.2.0

I've tried to upgrade using the Web Setup Wizard and get the dreaded 'Update pending' even after I try to kick the cron jobs. Then I try the command line approach I've seen in posts and its asking for credentials. I try to use the only credentials I have, my Magento account and it says they're invalid. How can I get this upgrade done?

[root@li1244-190 magento]# php composer.phar require magento/product-community-edition 2.2.0 --no-update

Authentication required (repo.magento.com):
      Username: webmaster@webtent.com
      Password:

[Composer\Downloader\TransportException]
  Invalid credentials for 'https://repo.magento.com/packages.json', aborting.
1 REPLY 1

Re: Upgrade from v2.1.6 to latest 2.2.0

Nevermind about the credentials, I found the access keys and that worked, but getting an error below. When I used the Web Setup Wizard, it passed the readiness check. How can I handle these dependency issues:

[root@li1244-190 magento]# php /usr/local/bin/composer require magento/product-community-edition 2.2.0
./composer.json has been updated
Loading composer repositories with package information
Updating dependencies (including require-dev)
Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

Problem 1
    - Can only install one of: magento/framework[101.0.0, 100.1.6].
    - Can only install one of: magento/framework[101.0.0, 100.1.6].
    - Can only install one of: magento/framework[100.1.6, 101.0.0].
    - magento/product-community-edition 2.2.0 requires magento/framework 101.0.0 -> satisfiable by magento/framework[101.0.0].
    - Installation request for magento/product-community-edition 2.2.0 -> satisfiable by magento/product-community-edition[2.2.0].
    - Installation request for magento/framework (locked at 100.1.6) -> satisfiable by magento/framework[100.1.6].

Installation failed, reverting ./composer.json to its original content.