Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to 2.4.4 - redirect to wrong folder

SOLVED

Upgrade to 2.4.4 - redirect to wrong folder

I just updated my Magento from 2.3.7 to 2.4.4

It was installed in www.mydomain.com/magento2

Now I can't see my testshop because I getting redirected to www.mydomain.com instead of www.mydomain.com/magento2

Can somebody tell me what happend?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Upgrade to 2.4.4 - redirect to wrong folder

Hello @caos989 ,

In Magento 2.3.7 project folder structure, index.php file was present in root folder and inside pub folder, but in Magento 2.4.4 it should not be in root folder.

So my guess is your vhost was pointing to root folder and now when you have upgraded to 2.4.4 it may not be getting the index.php and redirecting to main domain.

You can confirm by adding an echo exit in index.php as this is the first file called for magento. if it is exiting there and still redirecting that means you have some issue with base url configurations.

Hope it helps !

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @caos989 ,

In Magento 2.3.7 project folder structure, index.php file was present in root folder and inside pub folder, but in Magento 2.4.4 it should not be in root folder.

So my guess is your vhost was pointing to root folder and now when you have upgraded to 2.4.4 it may not be getting the index.php and redirecting to main domain.

You can confirm by adding an echo exit in index.php as this is the first file called for magento. if it is exiting there and still redirecting that means you have some issue with base url configurations.

Hope it helps !

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy

thx

It seems like I can't install Magento 2.4.4 in a Subfolder. I made my test installation now in a subdomain.