cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading magento 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 /root /pub subdomain

Upgrading magento 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 /root /pub subdomain

So I am trying to upgrade from magento 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 using the setup wizard. The domain I have at present is:

www.example.com which has the docroot as /magento2/pub

In the upgrade docs it is advised to create a subdomain which points to the magento root so I set one up as follows:

install.example.com which has the docroot as /magento

When visiting install.example.com/admin it keeps redirecting to www.example.com/admin

This is on an nginx install and the sample file has been included. Why does it keep re-directing instead of allowing the logging as suggested via the subdomain

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Upgrading magento 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 /root /pub subdomain

@PedroDylan

It will keep redirecting to your original domain as Magento is configured to work with main domain and not sub-domain. Where did you see that you have to create a sub-domain to upgrade Magento?

You can do upgrade easily using composer but make sure to take a backup of site code and database before upgrade.

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Please check the following link:

http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.2/comp-mgr/cli/cli-upgrade.html#upgrade-cli-pub

Mainly the bit titled: 

Prerequisite: pub directory root

mainly this bit:

If you use pub as your Magento root directory:

• For the upgrade, create another subdomain or docroot that uses the Magento installation directory as its root.

Run the System Upgrade utility using that subdomain.

Anything regarding the sub-domain in the docs?

@PedroDylan

What happens if you try to browse the new subdomain without 'admin'? or instead of 'admin' put 'setup' in the URL and see what happens?

Or alternative would be to upgrade the Magento via commandline. Follow the below process for the same:

1. Edit the composer.json file in the main directory, and change the "magento/product-community-edition" to 2.2.3
  2. run: "composer update"
  3. chmod a+x bin/magento
  4. run: bin/magento setup:upgrade
  5. run: bin/magento cache:flush

Source: link.

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Hi Tarandeep Singh, I am trying to upgrade to Enterprise Edition from CE, can you tell me the process.. I have tried like this:
https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/278139/how-to-upgrade-from-magento-2-3-1-ce-to-magento-2...