cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to 2.0.1 stuck

Re: Upgrading to 2.0.1 stuck

Yes, I am not aware you can upgrade from the command line at this time. I wrote the Upgrade Guide.

We're working on a patch that should solve the common issues, such as missing .gitignore files. We're sorry for your trouble. Please be patient a little longer.

Did you check your file system permissions and ownership?

Another thing you can try is to clear the /var/cache, /var/page_cache, /var/generation, and even /var/session directories and try again.

We're working on a patch to address the issues. We're sorry for the trouble you're having.

Is there anything useful in var/upgrade.log? I believe you can exit the browser, clear the var/cache, var/page_cache, var/generation, and even var/session directories and try to start your upgrade over.

However, the known issues with the 2.0.1 upgrade suggest you should wait for the patch we're working on. We're sorry for your trouble and ask you to be patient a little while longer.

Re: What is new in Magento 2.0?

Missing .gitignore files is a known issue we're addressing in a patch. Please be patient a little while longer.

Re: What is new in Magento 2.0?

FYI my issue was resolved by deleting update_in_progress.flag.  My update completed but this file was not removed.  Possibly due to file permissions.

I have installed Magento 2.0.0 on smarterasp.net and when I go to Web Setup Wizard/System Upgrade it stuck there and I see only Upgrade pending.  How to fix this? 

@SocialBug  I would suggest you make sure your cron jobs are running, the update process seems to use them to trigger kicking off the jobs - that's what I've found anyway as it had me a bit confused when the screen just sat there.

See this link

You need all 3 setup for the upgrade process.

We released this technical bulletin regarding upgrades. @all please check out the steps to fix upgrade process here: http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/release-notes/tech_bull_201-upgrade.html

Seems the same issue with 2.0.2.

Stuck with small module upgrade in Component Manager.

New Purchases Status:

Update application is running

[2016-02-04 22:36:06 EST] Job "maintenance_mode {"enable":true}" has been started
[2016-02-04 22:36:06 EST] Magento maintenance mode is enabled.
[2016-02-04 22:36:06 EST] Job "maintenance_mode {"enable":true}" has successfully completed
[2016-02-04 22:36:06 EST] Job "update {"components":{"magento/module-tax-sample-data":{"name":"magento/module-tax-sample-data","version":"100.0.3"}}}" has been started
[2016-02-04 22:36:06 EST] Starting composer update...
[2016-02-04 22:36:06 EST] ./composer.json has been updated

Try running the cron commands from the command line about once per minute. Or, change your existing cron jobs to write output to a log file and you can see what's going on.