cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to 2.0.1 stuck

Upgrading to 2.0.1 stuck

Hi, 

I was trying to upgrade my store when I received the notification for the same. First it got stuck on checking readiness and when I retried it got stuck on system upgrade step after following log:

[2016-01-20 20:29:04 EST] Job "maintenance_mode {"enable":true}" has been started
[2016-01-20 20:29:04 EST] Magento maintenance mode is enabled.
[2016-01-20 20:29:04 EST] Job "maintenance_mode {"enable":true}" has successfully completed
[2016-01-20 20:29:04 EST] Job "update {"components":[{"name":"magento/product-community-edition","version":"2.0.1"}]}" has been started
[2016-01-20 20:29:04 EST] Starting composer update...
[2016-01-20 20:29:04 EST] ./composer.json has been updated

Now the web setup wizard is permanently stuck to this page, what to do???

29 REPLIES 29

Re: Upgrading to 2.0.1 stuck

There is a separate section for 2.x support, you might get better help there than asking in the 1.x forums

You aren't alone. I have the exact same issue.

Pretty sure he posted this in the correct section.

Also to add more issues, the rollback DB backup does not seem to restore as well as the maintenance mode looks like the following:

Unable to proceed: the maintenance mode is enabled. 
#0 /var/www/site/lib/internal/Magento/Framework/App/Bootstrap.php(256): Magento\Framework\App\Bootstrap->assertMaintenance()
#1 /var/www/site/index.php(39): Magento\Framework\App\Bootstrap->run(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Http))
#2 {main}

Re: What is new in Magento 2.0?

Please let the Magento team know that the upgrade is not ready. There are way too many bugs.

The rollback does not work correctly as well.

I had to restore my site from my host provider.

See Github for the latest issues.

@tfransen @mohitjpr @chiefair I actually relocated the post to the correct forum so that others could find it, thus the confusion on its location.

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical

@wipes Are there specific issues you're referencing?

@tfransen @mohitjpr Checking with the team for you.

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical

1. During status check before upgrade: log errors showed it could not find the file

The error being reported is:

[ErrorException] Source /chroot/home/x/x.com/html/vendor/magento/magento2-base/dev/tests/integration/.gitignore does not exist update [--prefer-source] [--prefer-dist] [--dry-run] [--dev] [--no-dev] [--lock] [--no-plugins] [--no-custom-installers] [--no-autoloader] [--no-scripts] [--no-progress] [--with-dependencies] [-v|vv|vvv|--verbose] [-o|--optimize-autoloader] [--ignore-platform-reqs] [--prefer-stable] [--prefer-lowest] [packages1] ... [packagesN] Rollback has been performed. Please check console log for more detail.

What is interesting, is that this is not the git version of magento but their public release version. So their upgrade is looking specifically for .gitignore files which normally don't exist in the production version Magento releases. Here is the output doing a diff on a fresh download from magento and your application:

diff -rq /chroot/home/nexbponton/fresh/vendor/magento/magento2-base/ /chroot/home/dutchhar/dutchharborbrands.com/html/vendor/magento/magento2-base/ | wc -l

As you can see, nothing differs. There is no .gitignore files on the release version of magento from their site. This may require you to submit a bug report to magento about this issue, however, I will look into it further.

2. Site on front end during the upgrade process never showed that it was in maintenance mode; got a white screen.

3. Comment from Nexcess my Host Provider ask him to restore from the Magento backup process as my whole site was no longer available after trying to rollback:

The files and database have been restored from the magento backups. Even the backups are not correct, in that the mysql dump says its a .gz file and compressed but in actuality it is not compressed. But all are restored.

The backups do not save the deployed files it seems. So I had to run the following to get the site to load correctly:

php bin/magento -- setup:static-content:deploy

So the whole process from A to Z was a mess.

Once composer.json is updated, it takes a while, sometimes 5-7 minutes. Please check you var folder and check contents of 

update_status.log

It should give you an idea of what exactly is wrong.