cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best solution for magento 2.2 upgrades?

What is the best solution for magento 2.2 upgrades?

I have a website in magento 2.2.0 release (with a theme), I would like to update it for security reasons, I have to upgrade.
What is the mode to do?
With the patches released by magento ver 2.2, or update step by step, with the new versions of magento, ver 2.2.1, then ver 2.2.2, then, ver 2.2.3, then ver 2.2.4?

What is the best solution?

Thanks!

Moonbasisalfa1
2 REPLIES 2

Re: What is the best solution for magento 2.2 upgrades?

you dont need to do a step by step version upgrade, you can directly upgrade version from lower version to latest version,

You need to replace below the line in the composer.json file of your magento root folder,

The best way for the upgrade is 2.2.5 till now because of its latest version for now,

Replace,

"version": "2.2.0", to "version": "2.2.5",

and

Replace,

"magento/product-community-edition": "2.2.0", tp "magento/product-community-edition": "2.2.5",

Now run the command from root of your Magento,

composer update

Run deployment command and check.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Re: What is the best solution for magento 2.2 upgrades?

Hello

I'm encountering problem at checkout time on my Site. I fill in the address, then when I click continue, nothing happens and the next step that would be the payment, is not loaded. I checked and the saveBilling method is called normally. I put it to display the returned Html, and the pagemento conditions are there, but it is not rendered on the checkout page.

Checkout page:
nada-acontece.png

Returning html when passing through saveBillingAction:

print-pagamento.png

Magento version is 1.8.1.