Why would the developer state this in his estimate?
Am I misunderstanding something?
Shouldn't he be using the magento migration tools? And if they are not good enough- does this make sense 7-15 days to develop a migration script?
I do not understand enough of the magento world & I am afraid I am being taken advantage of.
Thank you all for your help!
Please check our product in AWS marketplace. You can migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2 in 30 min
Magento 2 (2.3.5p1) or latest version can be installed in 10 min
- Magento 1 to Magento 2 upgrade can be done in 30 min
- Explore our product in the AWS Marketplace
- Visit AWS Market place and search Magento 2 (ICB) or check the following website.
- Watch the Video for how the ICB's world #1 devops solution works
- The installation document
- If you have any question, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will give free demo or support for couple of hours.
- You will get server, store , Magento 2 latest version for less than 2$ per day. You can cancel the service at any time. You will get excellent support from AWS marketplace. We are selling the product like applied apps in AWS marketplace.
- It is world #1 devops solution
- Please contact email@example.com or 001-703-260-6112
- It is brand new solution, You will like it. It is a good first for small to large scale company.
If you hire a web developer or a web agency, they will also do the same process using the Magento data migration tool as you may try. Store owners hire an expert when they find this process complicated, time-consuming or if they need technical support.
In case you want to hire another developer, there are many Magento 2 certified experts ready to help you. You can refer to this blog for more information.
Otherwise, you can use an automated data migration service to transfer data to your new eCommerce store automatically and quickly. You can also select what entities you want to migrate including products, customers, orders, passwords etc. and try free demo before launching the full migration.
Hope this can help you! Let me know if you need further assistance.
If issue solved, Click Kudos & Accept as Solution.
Thanks for the guide sir ... Hope to see more such contributions from you.
You are not necessarily being taken advantage of. The official Magento Data Migration Tool allows you to automatically migrate only the data inherent to Magento itself. If you have an extension with its own data, then the development team will have to write a custom script to migrate this data, as the official Data Migration Tool is not capable of migrating these things. This used to be the case with Mageworx's Advanced Product Options until they recently released an update to their Magento 2 version of the extension that allows you to transfer the data semi-automatically. 7 to 15 days, however, sounds like too much. It so happens that I work for a Magento development agency. You can read how we render the Magento migration service — maybe you'll find some useful information.
7-15 days is too much for a script migration however, if you have all the database ready, support can write you script. This was what used to happen I guess.