data-migration-tool Invalid map filename

I'm trying to migrate setting from Magento 1.7.0.2 to Magento 2 .2.1

i installed the Data migration tool but when i run it i got this exception

[Migration\Exception]                                                        

Invalid map filename: /home/esposup/public_html/vendor/magento/data-migrati  

on-tool/

7 REPLIES 7

Re: data-migration-tool Invalid map filename

What command are you running? This looks like there's an invalid parameter passed to the command. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Hi

this is the command

bin/magento migrate:settings -r vendor/magento/data-migration-tool/etc/opensource-to-opensource/1.7.0.2/config.xml

i can't understand what add this  /home/esposup/public_html/ to the map.xml path - it  shouldn't  be 

vendor/magento/data-migration-tool/etc/opensource-to-opensource/1.7.0.2/map.xml  ???

Are you running this command from this location /home/esposup/public_html/? This should be the root of your Magento 2 installation as well as where you installed the data migration too. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Yes /home/esposup/public_html/ is the root of my server and where it is installed Magento 2 and migration tool. But i thought that the root shouldn't be included in the path where the tool find the map.xml file, isn't it?

When i run the command to start the tool i don't put the root before:

bin/magento migrate:settings -r vendor/magento/data-migration-tool/etc/opensource-to-opensource/1.7.0.2/config.xml

I think it's just logging the "absolute" file path rather than a relative one. Based on what you've said about where code is and where you're running it, it sounds like the right path. 

When you run the command, is this full error message or is there more? That filename does seem invalid because it's only a directory. 

[Migration\Exception]                                                        
  Invalid map filename: /home/esposup/public_html/vendor/magento/data-migration-tool/
----

i did a new magento 2 and migration tool install and it worked fine. Thanks

I had the same problem.

The reason was because I renamed the files map.xml.dist to map.xml and map-tier-price.xml.dist to map-tier-price.xml, because I followed a missleading tutorial on youtube.
Then I got: "Invalid map filename: etc/opensource-to-commerce/1.9.4.4/map.xml.dist"