cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

magento 2.1.5 upgrade to 2.1.11

magento 2.1.5 upgrade to 2.1.11

Hi,

Is it safe to upgrade my magento version 2.1.5 to magento version 2.1.11 because when I try to upgrade it using web Wizard it show magento 2.1.11 is unstable version.

See attached screenshot.image.png

3 REPLIES 3

Re: magento 2.1.5 upgrade to 2.1.11

Hi @Maddy123456789

Yes - its good to upgrade your magento version.

But instead of upgrade to 2.1.11 - you need to update to 2.1.13 - as in Magento 2.1 series latest version is 2.1.13 (Refer release notes linkhttps://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.1/release-notes/bk-release-notes.html )

Below i am sharing commands how to upgrade your magento from 2.1.5 to 2.1.13

composer require magento/product-community-edition 2.1.13 --no-update
(pass required update version number)

composer update
rm -rf var/di var/generation
php bin/magento cache:flush
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento indexer:reindex

Note : Before doing upgradation process - make sure you take a full backup of existing system so if any issue occurs you can restore it from your backup.

Also one more suggestion at my end - instead of upgrading in 2.1 - right now magento have latest stable version is 2.2.4 - so if possible upgrade to 2.2.4 - yes it requires some efforts but its good to keep platform with updated version.

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hi @Manthan Dave, our client want 2.1.x version only.

First I also thought of going for 2.1.13 but I was unable to find its zip with sample data so i thought it would not been the stable version

Hi @Maddy123456789

okay - i understand !!

Well magento 2.1.13 zip is there in magento 's download page with sample data as well.

Still here i am sharing the link for the same - https://magento.com/tech-resources/download

click on the above link - scroll down slight below - you will see 2.1.13 with sample data !!

if your issue gets resolved then marked as accepted so other user gets helped

hope it helps !!

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution