cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade from CE 2.2.1 to CE 2.2.2 - backup error

SOLVED

upgrade from CE 2.2.1 to CE 2.2.2 - backup error

I am using the System Utility to upgrade my Magento installation from CE 2.2.1 to CE 2.2.2. It passed the Readiness Check but stuck at backup.

I got below messages

"Disk space available

You have enough space available in disk for taking your selected backups.

Store in maintenance mode

Your store is in maintenance mode and will automatically return online after the upgrade.

Backup failed

Error received from server: "

I went through the backup troubleshooting (http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.2/comp-mgr/trouble/cman/tshoot_backup.html). But have no luck in making any progress. The disk space is not an issue and the system check proof it. I will have no idea if it is an operation system error. But given that my host is siteground, they are pretty reliable. So the only thing I can try is to make sure I have all the file system permissions. I used the file manager to check all the files under /public_html and make sure "user" has read/write/execute. But still the problem won't go away.

Any suggestion please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: upgrade from CE 2.2.1 to CE 2.2.2 - backup error

Yes, Using composer upgrade process become easy and fastly.

I hope you have now solved your issue.

Thanks.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You can quickly Upgrade version from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 without any hesitation using command line,

Just edit your composer.json file from root,

Replace,

"version": "2.2.1", with     "version": "2.2.2",
                                 and 
    "magento/product-community-edition": "2.2.1", with  "magento/product-community-edition": "2.2.2",

Now run command from magento root path,

composer update

After 10-15 minutes your version will upgrade and run all required command after upgrading your version.

Using above method there isn't any a headache regardings to backups and other stuff.

Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Hi Rakesh, the command line approach worked. However, after the upgrade, i am not able to open my admin login page which is my website address/admin123. It came back with an error message saying

"There has been an error processing your request

Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.

Error log record number: 1096517326384"

Strangely, if i type my website address, the main page comes up. But when I click any links on the main page, it comes with with same error message. 

Anything could I do wrong? 

Could you check your error log from var/report/ folder and edit your error ticket id and check which error is thrown by admin panel Or you can share your ticket error details.

Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Hi Rakesh, i fixed the issue. I forgot to clear the subdirectories and update the database. After I followed the steps on this link http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.2/comp-mgr/cli/cli-upgrade.html, then my website came back to live.

Thanks for your helps. Using the command line to upgrade is really saving lots of time.Robot LOL

Yes, Using composer upgrade process become easy and fastly.

I hope you have now solved your issue.

Thanks.

Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial